Share |
Getting a headache reading a different forum.

10-23-2008, 09:28 PM

I spend a lot of time reading the many threads and their accompaning posts. Today, I had a brilliant idea that there must be forums in other subjects that I like.
I tried to Google magic forums. I have done magic on and off for 25 years. Mostly non professional.
I was so happy to find 4 sites to look at for free.
It was just the opposite of this well kept and highly informed members. Each one had a thread in coin magic, my fortay, which I quickly went to view.
One asks how to do a trick. Then several scold him for seeking the secret info on how to do the feats. Followed by his defensive mutterings. Then back and forth, I was so bored seeing the bickering and complaining and arguing. I got a headache.
I am writing this non exercise thread to show how I feel about the management of this forum. I also applaud all the frequent and very helpful posters like MikeNY, and Gruntbrain, etc.
I cannot leave out the owner who I greatly respect, Mr. Peterson.
I have never had a poor feeling here, as I had today at the other forums.
Thank you for reading this.

Share |

10-23-2008, 10:06 PM

What the internet has done is given EVERYONE a voice. Before the internet you didn't have access to the insane ramblings of all the ultra-opinionated kooks out there. I guess they kep it inside, wrote letters or argued with their neighbors. Today, they troll the internet till they find a new group to vomit thier tiny thoughts all over.

Share |

Banned

10-23-2008, 10:57 PM

hollyweed you got spoiled and use to the best. While it was down i missed it too.

Share |

10-23-2008, 11:38 PM

MikeNY, you are so right. I wasted one and a half hours finding, then visiting, but not enjoying the results. Very disappointing.

Share |