Share |
John, Is Charles Bronson The Prisoner Built...

Legacy Member

09-11-2009, 09:17 AM

Andy,
I am a history 'buff' too and I get (OK..call me a geek) WWII Magazine. In the latest issue, there is actually a story about the Mafia and WWII. The government had to make a deal with them on various levels. Initially it was to stop sabbotage on the docks on the East Coast. A lot was going on with immigrants on the docks and 'accidents' were happening way too much to cargo and supply ships destined for our Allies in Europe. The government approached Lucky Luciano and his connections and with their strong ties to the unions and workers on the docks ....and which ever way you cut it.....the 'accidents' stopped shortly after that. The article didn't go into 'financial' details about any arrangements that were made, but one of the agreements was to allow Luciano to go back to Italy after the war. Luciano was very patriotic for the USA (say what you want there...but business was good here). The Mafia in Italy was being nailed left and right by the faciist government, too.....so apparently, yes.... there were 'other arrangments' also put in place to help to Allies when they invaded.....

I actually tried to buy the Bronson book a few years ago from Amazon UK whe there was anothe discussion on it...it wasn't in stock and I ekpt on getting notifications that it would ship soon...ship soon...ship soon. I finally canceled the pending order. Kind of glad I did...becasue I agree with Tom and what he wrote in regards to the man being a huge sociopath and apparently unfit for socieity..and it's far better to find the good to emulate.

Just my 2-cents.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-11-2009, 09:53 AM

http://www.wwiihistorymagazine.com/current-issue.html

this is the link to the current issue. the story is near the bottom, 'project underworld'

Share |

09-11-2009, 11:41 AM

Isorez, I heard a quote decades ago that I think of more and more and I believe describes our role as indiviuals in today's world: "We are all on a train and while we can move around in our car we can't change the direction of the train." There are a lot of things going on in the world that I don't agree with,but my success- maybe my very survival depends on my ability to evaluated them as accurately as I can based on the imperfect knowledge that we all as individuals have available to us.Two of the major life influencing events of my life occurred while I was serving in the US Army during the cold war.They made me realize that world events and history are like an iceberg where only 1/8th of it can be seen and is above water.

The first event that happened to me was the Cuban Missile Crisis which broke out while I was going through training at The US Army Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia.

The second event happened after graduating from the US Army Intelligence School, which at the time was located a Fort Holabird, Maryland. I was serving as a Special Agent with the 112th Intelligence Corps Group when President Kennedy was assasinated in Dallas, Texas. Dallas is in the military district of the 112th which is headquartered at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.

Joe Kennedy used to say ,"Sooner or later everybody does busness with everybody." Nobody will ever figure out for sure what happened with the Kennedy Assasination as they won't with many historical events .My involvement with the investigation of the Kennedy Assasination was very low level and the whole thing was highly compatmentalized so I have no specal knowledge of it and my knowledge comes from the same sources avaialble to everyone else. The experience did create a life long interest in the event though and my training and overall Intelligence experience gives me the ability to look at it from a different persepective than many people. Suffice it to say that many knowledgable sources, including The History Channel's documentary "The Men Who Killed Kennedy," believe that the Mafia was a major player in Kennedy's death. This reinforces the possibility of the the Nazi/Mafia connection in Italy which we referred too earlier.

On a much different level of historical importance,but in the same vein, none of us have control over Charles Bronson and his "Solitary Fitness" program. There is no doubt in my mind,however, that he has created a Mystique and become a celebrity for wharever reasons. Just look at the interest that this thread has created. My thinking is that if we can use his celebrity and people's interest in him to promote desirable reactions in them then why not do it. I must admit that even I am fascinated by the man inspite of the fact that I totally disagree with the life that he has lived. Gordon

Last edited by Andy62; 09-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Share |

Author

09-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Hey Gordon and all of you guys,

I have received many PM's as a result of that daily e-mail blast. It has been about a 4 to 1 positive response ratio. But let me say that the guys that took issue with me posting it totally mis-understand me as a person. I have not and do not glorify violent behavior. I NEVER HAVE!

My purpose was to make a point that Charles Bronson was able to achieve world class strength and fitness without equipment, in a very tiny space, and with no motivation from any outside source with the exception of his own mind. His methods mirror what I teach here. My whole point was that all any one really needs is knowledge , first and foremost (It's all there in PYTP and my other books) and the BURNING DESIRE to make yourself an exceptional specimen of vibrant and virile manhood. Apparently, some people did not understand my logic. That's totally A-OK with me because in receiving their negative e-mails I didn't understand their logic either.

---John Peterson

Share |