Share |
Most chin-ups in one minute

12-12-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Most chin-ups in one minute

GWR adjudicator, Laura Hughes, travelled to Oswego in New York on 8 February 2008 for her third annual trip to judge the record for the most chin-ups in one minute. For the two years previous, Robert Natoli has broken the record with an impressive 40 in 2006 and 44 in 2007. But this year was slightly different. Laura was there to adjudicate Robert's son Bobby, who would try and take his father's record. “This was even more amazing when I realised that Bobby is only 15 years old!”, says Laura.

Bobby told Laura he had been training for a few months under his father's guidance, and who better to train him than the current world record holder?

Unfortunately Bobby had been ill in the week leading up to his attempt, and had missed his final training session, so no-one really knew how he would perform on the day. The attempt started at around 11.30 am on 9 February in a gym with his family, friends and the local press in attendance to cheer him on.

Once the minute was under way Bobby flew through the chins-ups and managed a staggering 53 which surpassed everyone's expectations!

Who knows how many more he could have managed had he not been ill!?
I'd love to know how they trained. That's staggering.

Superman, Superman, wish I could fly like superman
Superman, Superman, I want to be like superman

Share |

Legacy Member

12-12-2009, 09:25 AM

Not sure Dan but I bet John will have a great answer for this one.

In fact his numbers are incredible! Can't wait to see how he responds.

Hey by the way-great job on training Dan,keep up the good work!

peace,
jason

Share |

12-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Before I look for them on YouTube, I wonder how long their arms are and how range of motion is decided.

Wow. Ok, everybody try this. Right here where you are sitting, put your hands up in the air as though you were at the bottom of a pull-up. Now, using a clicking clock, do 60 pull-ups in a minute, obviously pulling no weight, just lowering and raising your arms. It's a nice little warm-up. 53. Wow.

Of course, most of us are wishing for a good 20 someday.

Tom

Share |

12-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Someday I wish I can say to someone: "I was ill, so I only did 53 chin ups in a row."

Superman, Superman, wish I could fly like superman
Superman, Superman, I want to be like superman

Share |

Legacy Member

12-14-2009, 12:06 AM

Even if they were half range pullups I would still be amazed by that. Seriously, how many kids these days can even hang from the bar for a minute let alone do 50+pullups! That is absolutely incredible!

My Training Log
http://www.transformetrics.com/forum...5499#post45499

Share |

12-14-2009, 01:15 AM

I'm just curious if it's a little person, a six footer, long shape, V-shape, inquiring minds want to know. I couldn't find it on YouTube.

Tom

Share |

12-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1C Evans View Post
...how many kids these days can even hang from the bar for a minute...
That's a good reminder to keep up with the spinal-decompression exercise as John sent in a daily e-mail and forum post a while back. You get the benefit of working your forearms while you let your spine decompress.

I started that last year and it was agony just to hang for 30 seconds. Now I can clamp on for a minute and not really be bothered by it.

Here's some other posts about decompression... http://www.transformetrics.com/forum...earchid=410691
"I do not prize the word cheap. It is not a badge of honor ... it is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!" - President William McKinley (1843-1901)

Share |

Tags
chin-ups