Share |
The Hindu Squat/Hindu Pushup Combo For Conditioning

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

01-30-2019, 06:03 PM

I've been experimenting lately with different methods to mix things up and one of them is a burpee that is a combination of the Hindu Squat and Hindu Pushup. It's not that new but it's new to me and after doing it a couple of times, it's really an awesome exercise if one likes a challenge. Yeah it's a bit of an advanced movement and I wouldn't do it so fast that form is crappy and could injure my lower back.

It's more of a pacing yourself type movement and can be done extremely slowly to really target the muscles being used which is a lot. Right now I'm just doing enough until fatigue sets in. An idea of it is shown here from my Instagram video...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMwICOn...d=faddu61emtbw

It's a 2 squat, 1 pushup type combo, for moving a little faster I do 1 squat, 1 pushup combo. It's fun to do and doesn't take much time to get really winded. I like burpees but some variations won't work for me so I adjust it, sometimes I'll be explosive with it, sometimes i wont. I got the idea from seeing Indian wrestlers do a variation of this and was pretty nuts, I adjusted it to what works with my speed, flexibility and coordination. I use the handles at times so it has support for the wrists. If you want to try it go for it and focus on the technique, if it's not in your reach than it's cool to not do it.

Share |

01-30-2019, 06:29 PM

That is a great workout Benny! I do something similar daily. I superset regular pushups/flat footed squats/pullups and calf raises. That is my go to workout. I only do the pullups 2-3 days a week, but do the others daily.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-30-2019, 08:41 PM

I got in 30 of these a little bit ago, got some work to do but it was overall a great workout. My goal was 25 but got 5 more and felt it was enough before my fatigue set in. I would love to hit 50-100 reps one of these days but I'll let that come naturally. Don't want to jinx it lol.

Share |

Author

01-31-2019, 11:40 AM

Hello Benny,

Congratulations! Those two exercises can be positively addicting. I say positively because not all addictions are negative.

In fact, there was a period of time when I was 52 years old that I had devoted an entire year to The Hindu Push-Up, The Hindu Squat and the Nose to Mat Back Bridge. I committed myself to perform one set of 300 reps each day of the Push-up and Squat and 3 minutes to the Bridge. Like I said, this I did on a daily basis for about a year. Sometimes I did a set of 500 consecutive and once a month on the squat I did 1,000 reps. WHY? Just to prove to myself that I could. I even documented it on video.

My experience with the exercises was very positive and I know that it is not even remotely necessary to perform high volume reps like I did to gain the most benefit. (Although I think it could be used to great benefit by someone desiring to lose body fat in world-record time.) Even just a few reps at odd times throughout the day can convey a great benefit. After all, how many reps do you see a Tiger perform at the zoo? Seriously, just one high tension rep when they are getting up from a short nap.

Keep it up, my friend. You say you're weighing about 255 and you carry your weight very well and look incredibly strong and compact not t mention that you have exceptional flexibility.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-31-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
Hello Benny,

Congratulations! Those two exercises can be positively addicting. I say positively because not all addictions are negative.

In fact, there was a period of time when I was 52 years old that I had devoted an entire year to The Hindu Push-Up, The Hindu Squat and the Nose to Mat Back Bridge. I committed myself to perform one set of 300 reps each day of the Push-up and Squat and 3 minutes to the Bridge. Like I said, this I did on a daily basis for about a year. Sometimes I did a set of 500 consecutive and once a month on the squat I did 1,000 reps. WHY? Just to prove to myself that I could. I even documented it on video.

My experience with the exercises was very positive and I know that it is not even remotely necessary to perform high volume reps like I did to gain the most benefit. (Although I think it could be used to great benefit by someone desiring to lose body fat in world-record time.) Even just a few reps at odd times throughout the day can convey a great benefit. After all, how many reps do you see a Tiger perform at the zoo? Seriously, just one high tension rep when they are getting up from a short nap.

Keep it up, my friend. You say you're weighing about 255 and you carry your weight very well and look incredibly strong and compact not t mention that you have exceptional flexibility.

---John Peterson
I remember from the Trinity DVD about the three exercises you did the 300 and 5 min bridge. I don't plan on doing hundreds or thousands of reps of this Exercise, than again who says I can't lol but seriously, it's just fun to do and it gives me great benefit to have fun for a short period. I never did that many Hindu Pushups because quite frankly I found them boring after a number of reps Ina row. I still do a 3 min bridge often and the squats are a rare thing these days for me. As good as they are, times change and you got to do what makes you happy at the time.

Share |