Share |
Correcting What I Stated That Was Wrong...

Author

03-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Hey Superbeast,

I have a former world champion pro wrestler joining me in ministry and he is using isometrics to heal his body and make a marvelous comeback from being close to death. Truly an extraordinary story.

I recently showed him your picture in GUTS and told him that we have our own 'Woody Strode' at Bronze Bow. I hope you take that as the compliment that it is meant to be. You're an inspiration.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

03-06-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post

I have a former world champion pro wrestler joining me in ministry and he is using isometrics to heal his body and make a marvelous comeback from being close to death. Truly an extraordinary story.
That wouldn't by any chance be Nikita Koloff or Ted DiBiase would it? Nikita is from Minneapolis so was just curious.

Share |

03-06-2019, 01:58 PM

There is one advantage that isometrics and DVR have over weights that we don't emphasize enough in my opinion and that is the development of "inner strength". George F. Jowett pointed out that at some point the amount of external resistance [over light dumbells] , with heavier weights, redirect the effort from internal " concentration" to the weights or the external resistance. When that happens you lose the benefit of the internal control of our mind and the development of the control of our consciousness which is the executive controlling system of the mind {psychology,concentration, emotions etc]. More abilities of this "inner strength" relate to challenges in today's world than pure muscle strength

Last edited by Andy62; 03-06-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Share |

Author

03-06-2019, 03:32 PM

Hey Benny,

It will be unleashed pretty soon and believe me people will be shocked by JW. His rehab and regain of strength and health is sensational.

Gordon my friend, as always you are spot on!!! I literally placed Jowett's text relating to the Isometric mind focus in IPR and the same with text from Maxick. In fact, I even used the text from Victor Hugo's 'Les Miserables' and the fact that the hero of Les Miserables, Jean Valjean, (based on a very real man, Eugene Francois Vidocq, a close friend that Hugo knew very well) practiced Isometric Contraction to achieve his superhuman strength. Not surprisingly, I was criticized for it...

My response. Oh really? C'mon you intellectual giants if it is not referring to Isometric Contraction please enlighten me and let me know what 'An entire system of mysterious statics' truly is if not Isometric Contraction.

Here it is again:

Quote:
One detail, which we must not omit, is that he possessed a physical strength which was not approached by a single one of the denizens of the galleys. At work, at paying out a cable or winding up a capstan, Jean Valjean was worth four men. He sometimes lifted and sustained enormous weights on his back; and when the occasion demanded it, he replaced that implement which is called a jack-screw, and was formerly called orgueil [pride], whence, we may remark in passing, is derived the name of the Rue Montorgueil, near the Halles [Fishmarket] in Paris. His comrades had nicknamed him Jean the Jack-screw. Once, when they were repairing the balcony of the town-hall at Toulon, one of those admirable caryatids of Puget, which support the balcony, became loosened, and was on the point of falling. Jean Valjean, who was present, supported the caryatid with his shoulder and gave the workmen time to arrive.

His suppleness even exceeded his strength. Certain convicts who were forever dreaming of escape, ended by making a veritable science of force and skill combined. It is the science of muscles. An entire system of mysterious statics is daily practiced by prisoners, men who are forever envious of the flies and birds. To climb a vertical surface, and to find points of support where hardly a projection was visible, was play to Jean Valjean. An angle of the wall being given, with the tension of his back and legs, with his elbows and his heels fitted into the unevenness of the stone, he raised himself as if by magic to the third story. He sometimes mounted thus even to the roof of the galley prison.

My true friends know that if anything...I grossly understate the TRUE benefits of Isometric Contraction.

---John Peterson

Share |

03-06-2019, 06:23 PM

If you think about it, the whole bodybuilding lifestyle, gym culture mentality is silly. Today is leg day, tomorrow is push day, after that pull day. I work everything every F-ing day! Suppose your family is assaulted just after you finished squatting 500 for 20 reps. You bravely tell the assailant-" You are damn lucky this is leg day and I am too hurt and beat up to fight back, here is my wallet." That may sound silly, but it is true. I have been in the furniture business for 40 plus years. In my weightlifting days, I hired the biggest bench pressers, squatters and deadlifters from my gym thinking they would be best for the job. They were worthless, and constantly filed workmens comp claims. God forbid my driver asked them to back up stairs, they were too clumsy. I have found the same to be true in MMA. They get hurt easily, unless they are genetically gifted, they are ackward, and they tire quickly. A perfect example is Brock Lesnar, He is hell on wheels for about 1 minute, and then completely folds up and waits for the ref to save him. He is helpless like they all are. After working out for all these decades, I cannot imagine anyone wanting more muscle than John or Superbeast. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Michael Beasley; 03-06-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Share |

03-06-2019, 06:49 PM

Anyone that takes the BEST of the bodybuilder culture and uses it to improve his/her life has my respect,even though I think they are on the wrong path for best results healthwise. The most outspoken critic of John over the years is not one that deserves any of that. He is a keyboard warrior. He was however the winner of the so called " Mags Open bodybuilding contest in 2011." No, I forgot he did not show up that year. But he did win in 2012 or 2013. No, that is not right, he did not show up any year. Haha. Truth be told, he has never shown his face to this day, yet he proclaims to know it all. John shows up every day, not like Porker. Friends, do not be fooled by the critics, John is a good and decent man trying to improve the lives of others. I am proud to call him my friend.

Last edited by Michael Beasley; 03-06-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Share |

03-06-2019, 07:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsOhQSl1aw0

Does this look healthy? They look like freaks,idiots! Who would aspire to this ? Women are damn sure not attracted to freaks like this .

Last edited by Michael Beasley; 03-06-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Share |

Author

03-07-2019, 03:19 PM

Hey Michael,

I just checked and Brandon Curry is 5'7" and weighs 265 in the offseason and then through diuretics and extreme dieting gets himself down to 217 pounds. Anyone that believes that it is possible to do that without weights, steroids, and overeating is misinformed.

---John Peterson

Share |