Share |
Getting In Shape For The Wedding

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

01-26-2019, 07:55 PM

Less than 100 Days until my wedding. Very excited and cannot wait for what's in stored.

As for getting in shape, I do feel I want to be at my best so I've been hammering out various methods, mainly Isometrics and Movement type training such as a method called Animal Flow. I got myself a pair of 2 lb. Indian Clubs to get some areas more mobility and flexibility especially in the shoulders, elbows and forearms. The movement method I mentioned, is more overall flexibility, strength and some conditioning. My core training is mainly through Isometric Type exercises such as the Farmer Burns Stomach Flattener (Modifided Ab Contraction in LS), The Vacuum & Isometric Side Bends. My hardest training day is usually at BJJ and working with opponents.

I do Neck Work quite a bit using Self Resistance to thicken my neck (up to 25 reps per position totaling 200 reps Overall) and the front & back bridges for 3 minutes each to stretch everything. I don't have a set routine but these methods have been my go to and have worked really well for me. Developing a stronger, flexible back and keeping my joints healthy. I've stayed within the the 250-255 range in lbs and that doesn't seem to slow me down, more like maintaining speed, endurance and flexibility. I was 275 a year and a half ago and have kept off that weight since.

I will be going as both Han Solo and Indiana Jones for my wedding so that's going to be very cool. I grew up on those characters and Harrison Ford is my all-time favorite actor. My bride to be caved and came to a compromise on the outfits...Han Solo for the ceremony and wedding pictures, Indiana Jones for the reception.

The main goal is merely dropping bodyfat. I can't lose too much weight otherwise my outfits would be too loose on me and I'm not spending more money on outfits that took a long time to get here in the first place. Its been quite a ride. Also got some new pushup handles to condition my upper body and put less stress on the wrists, I do have supple wrists and strong hands, handles are more of a preference and can do different positions with better support. Also picked up a squeeze ball to work the tendons in my hands and forearms.

Share |

01-27-2019, 07:18 AM

Great stuff Benny! Keep up the good work. It is quite an exciting time in your life. Enjoy the ride.

Share |

01-27-2019, 12:59 PM

The main thing is just to relax and enjoy the experience. Congratulations ! Gordon

Share |

Author

01-29-2019, 08:41 AM

Hey Benny,

Han Solo and Indiana Jones? From what I have read in your various posts over the years I thought it might be Super Man.

Seriously though, I am very happy for you Benny. YOU are one of the best.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

02-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Benny,
You are one of the strongest humans I've ever met. I still have that spike you bent in half.
You spent more time prepping for the wedding than I ever did. Enjoy the experience and don't overthink it.
I am a firm believer in being married; I am just not all that good at it. You will be.

Tim

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

02-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimK View Post
Benny,
You are one of the strongest humans I've ever met. I still have that spike you bent in half.
You spent more time prepping for the wedding than I ever did. Enjoy the experience and don't overthink it.
I am a firm believer in being married; I am just not all that good at it. You will be.

Tim

Thank you Tim. Awesome of you to say. It's a progress but I'm going to enjoy all of it.

Share |