Share |
Steve Justa's New Isometrics Book?

Author

09-30-2014, 12:22 PM

Hey Men,

I just received an e-mail about the Isometric Power Belt and whether or not it is something that Steve Justa recommends. In addition I was asked about Steve Justa's new Isometric Book.

Let me state that I have not seen Justa's book but I do have friend, Dr Pat Cuntrera, whom you all know, that has purchased it. I'm not sure that Dr. Cuntrera has actually read it in it's entirety. I'm sure that at some point he will offer his insights relating to it.

---John Peterson.

Share |

10-01-2014, 05:26 AM

Hope it's better and more practical than the videos! Will be interested to hear what your friend makes of it John.

Mark

Last edited by M; 10-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Share |

Author

10-01-2014, 08:43 AM

Hello M,

On Mr. Justa's behalf I'd like to say that one of the problems people sometimes have as relates to Isometric Contraction is the erroneous belief that someone is going offer something new and revolutionary as relates to it. It flat out is not going to happen.

In the history section of "Isometric Power Revolution" I shared the fact that the scientists at the Max Planck Institute in Dortmund, Germany had studied and tested Isometric Contraction for a period of 15 years beginning in 1946 and ending in 1961. These scientist tested every conceivable variable as relates to "Isometrics" including intensity, frequency, nutrition, rest, age of people practicing it, and even the effects of sunshine and oxygen on those practicing Isometric Contraction. Bottom line: Other than ways of applying Isometric Contraction, I doubt that anyone is going to come up with anything new.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-02-2014, 04:42 AM

Good point John, and I suppose something that can be said about exercise in general.

Share |

10-02-2014, 09:46 AM

For what it's worth, I think people buy Steve's material now (at least I did) not because they expect scientific precision but in part because he is a "character" you have empathy for... and also (for me) I wanted to see how he was doing since his bout with Type 2 Diabetes and only thirdly for how he is doing isometrics. Of course seeing him budge a set of metal bleachers at a stadium was a plus too!

Even with videos and books he is such an instinctive trainer from what he says, you'd have to train with him a week or a month to catch his rhythms and even then unless you were a observing from a distance it would be somewhat artificial because he's trying to "train" you.

The dimension that is different from other discussions is the "aerobic" part but also the twists and push-pull movements that do indeed (as he says) catch muscles and movements you don't ordinarily think to train and which are hard unless you have a solid bar or object to push against (it would he difficult to push/pull against the power belt at the same time).

Now one easily overlooked part of the IPB training booklet is the focus on WHOLE BODY tension from head to toe so to speak. We tend to think in terms of arms, chest, etc. and isolation because the whole body contraction makes it harder! But that is what Justa is doing too. That is how I see it relating to the use of the power belt. As a welder he makes his own strange contraptions and that goes my to my first statement... People (at least me) want to check it out partly because he is a "character"!

I have not been able to test the chain part yet because I don't have a logging chain. It seemed to wind him in the video. From what was said keeping the chain taut while moving against it's downward pressure was what made it challenging.

But to summarize, I'd say the main values are for curiosity, inspiration, and like most information products to spark the imagination...

ChuckH

Last edited by chuckh; 10-02-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added a summary statement ... was interrupted before.

Share |

10-02-2014, 11:17 AM

“There is nothing that holds the faculties at work in a sustained and continuous manner as static exercises do. For, as stated before, when you learn to control the body, you are gaining control over the mind.”

Theron Q. Dumont
“The Power Of Concentration”

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

10-02-2014, 03:42 PM

I haven't seen the new book but I have seen his new Iso video filmed with Bud Jeffries an there is a ton of different material than the last videos that came out. You guys might want to check them out as he goes through Isometrics in different angles, twists, push/pull and squat and gripping. these are not the same he used in previous videos and he is far slimmer in these new videos ripped to shreds. He has said he is now down to 206 lb. He even uses a log chain to work from different angles and is extremely creative in this area. He even has a full set o different isometrics for Arm Wrestling alone and I found them pretty interesting.

This isn't your typical isometric video and he shows more of his creative side while being blunt and to the point. Bud personally has told me what Steve is really like and what he looks and acts like on film it's even crazier off camera and Steve lives in his own world. You're not going to find the Hollywood treatment in a film like this, it is what it is and there's no sugercoating on what he does. If you get past the dirt areas, the cigarettes, the bluntness and you've got one of the most impressive styles of isometric training there is period.

Share |

10-02-2014, 06:22 PM

Benny,

Is this the video series that was reviewed here at the beginning of the year, with him in a dark garage or barn-like structure or is it newer than that?

Thanks.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Last edited by Paul Smith; 10-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Share |

10-03-2014, 03:19 AM

Careful what you wish for.All this new training schemes is also a invitation to injury. I went back to basics and im getting results and feeling good.

Share |

10-03-2014, 05:40 AM

What sort of routine are you following at the moment James? How basic?

Share |