03-27-2015, 08:13 AM

Haven't researched the forum on this yet, but I've been doing the tabata type of interval with transformetrics and I'm very excited about my progress. Just thought I'd share. Only weird part about all of it is that my wife took notice of my changing physique...she said, she didn't like how my chest and arms were looking bigger nor did she like how "muscley" I appeared. She also says my diet is bad (I eat clean!) because I don't count my calories closely. Caveat to all this...she's overweight. Oh...and I rubbed it in when I went in for my physical and the doc noticed I've lost another 10 lbs...I'm finally seeing some abdominals. Its been a slow, steady journey. I'm more fit and happier for it. Proves that when training is a habit like brushing teeth, overall health is the norm. Especially physical fitness.

Anyway, transformetrics has changed my life over the past 7 years or so...I thank all for your stories and encouragement even though you never knew you were giving it.

Share |

03-27-2015, 09:38 AM

Good job Isodude, its a lifestyle and your living it.
Monty

Share |

Banned

03-27-2015, 02:31 PM

I like that Isodude. Keep up the good work!

michael

Share |

03-31-2015, 11:49 PM

Isodude,

Can you please go into detail about the protocols you used? How many sets and reps? What exercises? How many "Tabata cycles: eight 20/10 splits" did you use?

Thank you.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |

04-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Well Paul...It all started with Hindu pushups...something I havent' done in a while. Remembering how good I feel after those, I just started with one 4 min session of the 20/10 split going as fast as I could without doing anything stupid to my joints. After a couple of days I was really noticing some changes that I liked. From there I began to rotate different exercises through such as Atlas 3's, pullups, M7 squats, Burpees (all depending on mood...or need.)

Sometimes I do the Miracle 7 with Tabatas...

Now here's the best part. As my conditioning got better, I started to add several Tabatas throughout the day adding up to about 20-30 min per day...I think my fitness has really improved. What I found especially itneresting was that my mile splits after a month of not running at all dropped about 1 min/mile..

Oh...sometimes I would do a full body "squeeze" using the protocal where I isometrically flexed the mess out of every muscle I could think about at the same time for 20 secs. Rest 10. Squeeze again for 20 for a total of 4 min.

I don't necessarily have a specific routine whereas I found I don't always feel like calisthenics somedays, but I do feel like M7. Some days I just do jumping jacks as hard as I can go for the tabata routine.

It just depends. Been doing them exclusively for about 2 months and I'm very happy with the results. Caveat to all this is that with my schedule and kids...and wife...it really fits some insane fitness possiblities into my day.

Share |

04-06-2015, 12:27 AM

Thanks so much.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |