Share |
Asteroid Strike in September 2015?

Author

01-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Hey men,

I have been sent this link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g0GaGGqzkI

Normally I would not address this issue here but since I have received an e-mail about this for the 10th time I will address it here.

The issue at hand is the gloom, doom, destruction and annihilation of the world by an asteroid striking the earth on or about September23/24 of 2015.

My response is that there have been prognostications of gloom and doom ever since I can remember. When I was a little kid in the 1950's there were prophecy experts claiming that the world would end by 1970. Then others said 1988, because Israel became a modern nation in 1948 and since the Bible said that "This generation will not pass away until all is fulfilled." it meant the Christ would return before the end of 'a 40 year generation' which would mean by the end of 1988.

Fast forward, more than sixteen years ago, people said that Y2K (2,000) was going to be the end of the end. They were wrong. Not long after that, other so called 'experts' were saying it would be in December of 2012. Now because of the infamous 'Blood Moons' it is going to be in September of this year, 2015 with a massive asteroid strike that will set off the volcano that is located in Yellowstone National Park.

The question I have been asked is. "John, do you believe it?"

Answer: There have been too many wrong predictions for me to take any of them too seriously. Sooner or later something major is bound to happen but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy life as best I can.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-16-2015, 09:49 PM

Hey John,

I do believe that we will see something major by September if not before. Why do I say that? It's because of an interesting track record that our nation has been on. It's actually a biblical 7-year cycle. Every seventh year on the ancient Hebrew calendar is called a shemitah year. Interestingly, some of the worst things that have happened to our nation have occurred during a shemitah year. Here are some of the recent events that have happened during a shemitah year:

1973 - stock market collapse
1980 - stock market recession
1987 - another stock market collapse
1994 bond market crash
2001 9/11 and economic collapse
2008 The Great Recession
2015 - ???

If I am not mistaken, we will see something happen during this year. Perhaps it will be another market crash. We can only speculate, but there is absolutely no reason to be alarmed. As long as we are in the middle of God's will, all hell can break loose around us and we will remain unscathed. I believe it is good to be aware of the times and seasons we are in. We can even prepare for it. But we will never have to fear it. If you are interested in learning more about the shemitah year, I would highly recommend watching this show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGDJ3kJqU0

Blessings!

Share |

Banned

01-16-2015, 10:13 PM

If there is an asteroid on course for the earth, then NASA and scientists will be tracking it, but I doubt that this prediction is real. If something is headed towards earth one missle can deflect it off course! Let's hope this is just nonsense!

Economics we can hope for the best.

Share |

Author

01-16-2015, 11:38 PM

Hey Paul,

I have known about the Economic cycles for more years than you have been alive my friend. And YES~ It is true.

What I was referencing was the fear based youtube clips that are constantly predicting disaster.

I'm well aware of the the ancient Hebrew calendar and the shmitah year. In fact, from my Hebrew studies it became evident that God intended the shmitah year to be a year of blessing and rest but the Hebrews instead violated it.from the time of King Saul to the Babylonian captivity, a span of 490 years. This in turn meant that the Hebrews had violated the seventh year shmitah year 70 X 7 or 490 years.In turn that meant they went into captivity for 70 years or one year for each shmitah year violated. Fascinating stuff.

Now as relates to an asteroid strike, only God knows.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-18-2015, 03:34 AM

Paul,

With all due respect, how old is the ancient Hebrew calendar, thousands of years? And you're citing a 40-year period of incidents to illustrate a supposed pattern? I, personally, would need a lot more evidence than that to take this latest round of fear mongering by the doomsayers serious.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |

01-18-2015, 09:50 PM

Paul,

I gotcha.

Blessings!

Last edited by Paul_DuVall; 01-18-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Share |