Share |
Take Action to Dicover Your Own Answers

Author

11-02-2017, 07:10 PM

Hello Friends,

Earlier today I received an email asking me what the best form of self defense is.

The person asking me was someone named 'J.R. Davidson'. I have no idea of whether or not J.R. is a man or woman, no idea of how old or young he or she is, no idea of J.R's. present level of strength and fitness and certainly have no idea about J.R's. mental/emotional state or temperament.

I am sure some of you understand the point that I am making and where I am going with this.

I have no intention of making a broad generalization about what the best self defense system is because as Mark Twain once said, "All generalizations are false, including this one."

Obviously, there are a huge number of possible self defense systems that are available today and depending on size, shape, strength, and temperament some are for more effective for some people than others.

For the reasons outlined above, and because we live in the age of the internet I am recommending that everyone do a little bit of checking on their own. Certainly feel free to ask questions or share advice here but realize that ultimately YOU need to make the best informed decision for YOU!

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

11-02-2017, 07:24 PM

John,

I agree with you 1,000%.

Each art or system is unique, and each individual will find different elements they do and don't like.

I tend to think that the best system is the one you'll practice and become proficient at. None will be any good to you if you can't use the techniques when you need them.

Rob

Share |

Author

11-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Hello Rob,

There is one extraordinary attribute for dynamic Self defense that can be a part of everyone's personal arsenal and that is having an extreme strength to body weight ratio. What I have created with my new Power Belt System of training will prove to be the best strength training method ever mastered. I realize that I never used to be this adamant but this time I know what I have created and there is nothing like it for feeling strength and hormones surge.

Isometric Strength will automatically improve everyone's self defense capability.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

11-03-2017, 06:39 AM

John,

Obviously, you are 100% correct.

You can practice/train in the "best" system/art in the world. But, if your conditioning isn't up to a certain level, you will NOT be able to utilize what you know.

With everything you are saying lately about the belt and your newer routine, you're starting to make me REALLY anxious

Rob

Rob

Share |

11-03-2017, 08:16 AM

LIsten to your instincts. your inner voice, your own internal GPS.

" In all the history of the world there was never anyone exactly like you and in all the infinity of time to come there will never be another."

SUCCESS THROUGH A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.

Share |

Banned

11-04-2017, 10:45 AM

I was lucky and learned Boxing (the Sport) as a boy and also learned Italian Bare Knuckle Boxing the fighting art, it was still taught in New York in the 1950s and early 60's. It is a simple method of self defense that is quite effective in real life. Bare Knuckle Boxing existed in many European Nations, Ireland, United Kingdom, France, Germany and was popular in the USA in the 1800s and early 1900s.

My University Judo Coach told me that Italian Bare Knuckle Boxing was Pankration and Alexander the Great took Pankration to India; hundreds of years later the Indian Monk Ta Mo took it to the Shaolin Monastery in China where Ta Mo taught the Monks Shaolin Boxing. Mas Oyama the Japanese Karate Master mentioned in is book that Panktation with brought to India by Alexander the Great and then to China by Ta Mo.

There are still books in print that teach old style Bare Knuckle Boxing.

Share |

11-04-2017, 07:17 PM

I have done no pulling movements the last 6 weeks. Just pushups, isos,squats and calf raises. The pulling iso I am doing the most is holding the pullup position at the top for time. It is brutal and I think it is one of the best exercises I have ever done. But it is tough for sure.

Share |