03-04-2009, 04:34 AM

Hi Guys

I was just wondering how you found John Peterson, and his Bronze Bow site. This is my story.

The fall of 2004, i was on the internet, lookingat the amazon site, at the time i was training in wado ryu karate and we were not doing any kind of conditioning as the teacher would say that it was up to us to get fit so i looked on the net and on amazon i colud look inside the book ( PYTP) and seeing John doing the furey pushup and then stating in his book about the atlas pushup and the furey squat, that had me almost sold and then reading the back cover and seeing the front cover of the book.

I suppose as John has stated in the past, as he with charles atlas, was sold by the smile of atlas, i suppose in a way the smile and physique sold me.

And i must admit i am so grateful to john and his staff for putting this forum up and the books that have come out through his company. So John and your staff A BIG THANKS.

So everyone i cannot wait to hear your stories.

All take care.

KEITH JAMES.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-04-2009, 07:32 AM

In my case, it was largely the internet.

I do remember looking at PYTP in my local library. But, at the time, the concept of DVR's was out of my reach. And, to be honest, I can't for the life of me remember how I came upon the book at that time.

During one of my then MANY searches for non-equipment based workouts, I stumbled upon Bronze Bow Publishing. It seems like John and Wendie were getting ready to put M7 out. Thankfully, I jumped on the pre-sale band wagon. And, the rest is history.

I have since NEVER looked back as far as weights versus non-weights.

Rob

Share |

03-04-2009, 08:05 AM

I bought the M7 book from Amazon and with the info in that book I found this site. I must say this is a wonderful site-- the best on the web in my opinion-- and top notch info on bodyweight exercise.

HOPEFUL

Share |

03-04-2009, 08:42 AM

In 03 I had been following Hardgainer and Ironmind workouts. Pierini had found Crossfit and I checked it out. I had found Shen's place previously and was thinking along the non-weight lines. Somewhere in Crossfit I found reference to John and checked him out. He did (among other things) what I called flexing. I had always been interested in muscle control and flexing ever since Arnold mentioned it. So I found Bronzebow. I got Pierini to check it out. I've gotten a lot of good work-out ideas here and some quality books.

Tom

Share |

03-04-2009, 09:51 AM

In 1999 I began doing Furey's Royal Court, I had been doing pushups as a
regular workout since 1994. In 2003, on another board, I found a reference
to John Peterson. Soon I found my way to Bronze Bow and in August of '03 I ordered
PYTP. Since that time I have purchased all the books at Bronze Bow and have
never looked back. I am injury free, I enjoy my daily workouts ...thanks John

Bill

Last edited by Bill_Meyer; 03-04-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: add a date

Share |

03-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Hi Keith,
I am so glad you asked that question. I was wondering the same thing myself.

My story is that I was tired of equipment based workouts. First, I didn't like my kids getting into the equipment. Second, there was the problem of how to workout when visiting friends or family even overnight. In talking this over with a friend, she mentioned that there was something called isometrics which did not involve equipment. I looked on Amazon and found John's books. They all looked good and it was very hard to decide which one to get. I don't know how I decided on M7, but I think in the end it boiled down to that it was the only one that had a spiral binding which I prefered.

The exercises looked kind of weird. No offense! I had never seen anything like them before. But I gave them a try and found that they worked amazingly well. The book gave the web-site so I checked into it, and that is how I got here. Like the others here, I've given up using equipment and am doing this method exclusively.

But now I've got a small collection of fitness books and equipment that I don't use...should I have a yard sale? How can I pass that stuff off on other people who really should be told about this method? I don't even know if I should give it away for free! It is a real quandry! John, what do you suggest?!

I've noticed that no one else has said this about exercise equipment, so I am going to say it. I hated it when my kids would get into my stuff! I worried that they would drop them on the tiles and crack the floor. Now since they don't see the weights out, they don't think about them anymore. In that thread about whether or not it is safe to work out with weights - no one mentioned the potential for the floor to be ruined if the weights are dropped!

April

Share |

03-04-2009, 10:21 AM

Oh yeah, how could I forget - Combat Conditioning somewhere between equipment training and here.

Tom

Share |

03-04-2009, 12:16 PM

Apart from the much-loved Concept 2 rower, the gym at my uni was – and still is – an immensely nauseating experience for anyone wanting to take their fitness and wellbeing seriously. Entering the final year of my Bsc (04/05) I decided not to reapply my membership and instead went in search of an alternative way to stay in shape. Given my financial status as a student, while browsing the net I stumbled upon PYTP. I ordered it, read it and was completely won over by the message it carried. Then I joined the forum at the end of 04.

James

Last edited by James; 03-04-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Share |

03-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Being one who never liked working out with weights I found some of the stuff Pavel T. promoted and through searching for his books on Amazon ran across John's Miracle 7. Purchased this and PYTP and therefore found this site and forum. I enjoy old, traditional ways and so it has been fun to learn and hear about others that have been able to become healthy using these ideas. I've got a long way to go, but it's fun to be able to take these exercises anywhere I am. Doing ISO's last week while my young kids were playing at the park.

Jon

Share |

03-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Hey everyone,

Back in 2000 searching in the internet i found Combat Conditioning, was impressed with the idea of using your own body and the Royal Court as the only machine ever needed to get in top notch fitness. After getting combat conditioning, bought also Dynamic Tension and started to mix the ideas of Furey and Atlas. I kept searching in the internet and found PYTP. All the ideas, exercises and motivational strategies to use the best machine of the universe, everything condensed in 1 book.....MARVELOUS!....JOHN A BIG THANK FOR YOUR EXCELLENT JOB!.
Eder

Share |