Share |
seeing cuts in G.U.T.S. having trouble with those darn obliques.

Legacy Member

12-05-2009, 12:37 PM

As usual I continue ranting and raving about how great the G.U.T.S program is GREAT. Heck it is so great I bought another copy, I am seeing some good cuts in the abs area as well as all over , but those darn obliques are not tighting up like I would like them, maybe they take a little longer to trim down but I have been adding seated twists with my 10 lb. medicine ball after my workout to see if that may help, I am on vacation this week so I have had a few treats that I usually dont eat, like a little peach cobbler, and garlic bread. I will just keep plugging away with this great program, any suggestions or adviice would be great. G.U.T.S. is the real deal.

Share |

12-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Side Planks are pretty effective assuming your diet is in order.

Superman, Superman, wish I could fly like superman
Superman, Superman, I want to be like superman

Share |

12-05-2009, 04:00 PM

There is no spot reduction. As your body fat lessens, you will see those obliques. Diet is a big factor as it also determines the amount of water you may be holding.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-05-2009, 04:30 PM

Hi Dyno,

That has been a problem with me. I wouldn't do the twists with a heavy object. There is always the possibility of twisting too far. Give the program some time, as the Atlas sit-up numbers and the intensity of the 12 minute cardio go up, you will see a difference in several ways. I am having to notch my belt tighter for one, and I am also wearing my pants higher on my waist for another.

One thing that I have noticed is there seems to be a correlation between how fast I do the sit-ups and my waist size shrinking by doing this workout. However, I want to point out that there are a lot of things going on physically during this workout and spot reduction is not one of them.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-05-2009, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to start to do side planks, and Greg. you probably have a good point, I will just keep working on the program and drop the twists, Its still early in the ballgame, so I cant rush things, thanks again to all for the advice.

Share |

12-05-2009, 11:57 PM

2 other things that work: ab wheel rollouts and panther streches

Share |

12-06-2009, 03:51 AM

hey guys...sorry to intrude...

i think John's EXTERNAL OBLIQUES exercise p. 194 in the IPR Book would help.

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Author

12-06-2009, 11:53 AM

hey dynogoalie30,

I am absolutely thrilled with your enthusiasm. Thank You for making me smile. I just want to remind you of one thing. YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN DOING G.U.T.S. FOR ABOUT SEVEN WEEKS. Look at the results you have already achieved. Think about that. Then, please re-read what each of our friends has stated in this thread. And believe me, Mike C, is right on in stating that as your body fat continues to decline, your definition will increase.

You have obviously been seeing very substantial results with G.U.T.S.. But bear in mind that G.U.T.S. is a foundational program. In less than 25 minutes daily it brings you to a very, very high standard of strength and fitness that many other programs that require 90 minutes or more do not achieve. Believe me there are many men that have done 90 minute infomercial programs that could not perform G.U.T.S. at the elite level in 24 minutes but there won't be anybody that is performing G.U.T.S. at the elite level on a daily basis that will have any problem performing anyone else's program.

But consider, when you have G.U.T.S. as your foundation you won't need or want anyone else's program that takes three times as long and delivers half the results. I truly believe G.U.T.S. is superior in terms of real world strengthn and fitness for life. This is because of the synergistic order of the exercises in G.U.T.S. and the fact that the entire routine is a cardio/strength/flexibility routine when performed at the elite level. It requires just 24 minutes as compared to 90 or more. And ask yourself, " Can most men devote 90 minutes to daily exercise or is it more realistic to expect them to commit to 25 minutes or less?"

One other thing. I do not teach or endorse Plyometrics for achieving lifelong strength and fitness. Plyometrics do have an athletic application under the watchful eye of a competant trainer. But they are not necessary, or desirable to use in a daily strength and fitness program for non-athletes because the possibility for joint, tendon, ligament, and muscular injuries is for too high for people that push themselves too hard. Bottomline: when compared to the benefits, one can easily take Plyometrics past the point of diminishing return.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

12-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Thank you for the great post John, your right it has only been 7 weeks, I need to realize that it takes time, the results have been great, and this program getting the most bang for your buck, you cant beat it, I would put this program up against any other program, and G.UT.S. would win by a landslide, I really like everybody elses excitiment about G.U.T.S.also, And also my shoulders are feeling better also from G.U.T.S. I HAVE SAID IT ONCE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, YOU CANT BEATS G.U.T.S. Thank you again everyone for the advice.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-12-2009, 09:15 PM

Hi Dyno,

I looked in the mirror today and thought about this question again. As John said, keep at the G.U.T.S. routine. My picture in G.U.T.S. was taken this summer. I look different now, just as I looked different from the summer before. The fat deposits from around the obliques are gone despite a less than ideal diet here lately. I don't plan any pictures again until maybe February or March, but I believe you'll see a difference then.

Share |

Tags
g.u.t.s., obliques