Share |
Iso-Dynamic Power Circuit In "Power Sculpt"

Author

05-14-2009, 10:56 AM

hey Guys,

You will never again say that I don't offer structured routines when you see my future books and products. If that's what you want. Look no further.

---John Peterson

Share |

05-14-2009, 12:20 PM

Structured routines or not, the books produced here are second to none. I personally have benefitted more from the different techniques, such as pyramids and GTG, than anything else. I guess it could be argued that those are routines in and of themselves, but I find that they help as stepping stones and variations. Regardless, I can't wait to get this latest installment.

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm And ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
You will never again say that I don't offer structured routines when you see my future books and products. If that's what you want. Look no further.
Just don't hold it against the unstructured folks like myself. It works better. It also worked for Hershel Walker and Woody Strode, and I'd dare say Jock Mahoney and Charles Atlas as well. Keep it simple, hard, and focused and just do more.

Last edited by Greg Newton; 05-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Share |

05-14-2009, 02:36 PM

We unstructured belings can torture ourselves by alternating a variety of max contraction ISOs with Power Cals . As usual I suggest heartrate monitoring to ensure a worthwhile effort or as as means of not "stroking out"

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Charles Atlas had a structure- he suggested a certain number of reps for leg lifts, push ups etc. and also twice daily workouts.

As far as I know, he suggested his program for individuals not for them to guess their way through.

A routine is a benchmark. Sometimes a goal to shoot for. If people are left to their own devices most will quit when the going gets tough. Take running for an example-good goals would be time or mileage. I would stop after ten minutes if it was based on how I personally feel. If my goal is 20 minutes, I won't stop before that no matter how I feel (obviously I'm not referencing injury) sometimes there is self sabotage and benchmarks and routine goals help us past that.

Share |

05-14-2009, 02:47 PM

Bruno
Heartrate monitoring does provide some structure. You strive to achieve a target HR for a targeted time

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Exercise 1) Jumping Jack 100 reps
Exercise 2) Alternating Bent Knee Sit-Up 50 reps(25 each side)
Exercise 3) Atlas III Push-Ups 50 reps
Exercise 4) 8-Count Burpees 25 reps

John, looks like a tough routine. Is this based on a routine or program that you utilize or something that you have tried with forum members?

If a forum cannot perform one round of the above, as far as progression, what would you suggest?

Ten percent of each of the four for 4 rounds? 10 jumping jacks, 5 knee bend sit ups, 5 push ups and 4 burpees and then repeat three more times?

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2009, 02:51 PM

Got out of work,
Went to coach Track,1/2 practice as it started raining hard,
came home and did the workout.

GREAT ONE JOHN!

Got around third base and had to come in to shower and change to teach tonight.

As you know I train sports teams -will keep this one for them!
Have a great evening all!

peace,
jason

Share |

05-14-2009, 03:33 PM

Bruno, When I first came across the Atlas Course in the 1950s it didn't have any recommendations as far as reps or sets. The instructions at that time were so vague that my friends and I interpreted the instructions as being Isometrics and we got good results. I have a collection of a number of Atlas Courses from different eras and as far a I can tell the repetition instructions were first included after the current owners bought the rights to the course and added them in 2000. Charles Roman, marketing genius that he was, tried to jump on the Isometrics Fad of the 1960s with news releases that generated articles such as the following: http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competit...64/life-64.htm

Share |

Legacy Member

05-14-2009, 03:41 PM

Andy, I'm going to defer to you in reference to the information that you supplied in your post but didn't Atlas say something like "for a keen physique" or some quaint phrase like that to perform 200 reps of push ups daily?

Also, in John's book Miracle 7 (and it's not in front of me) John refers to 100 atlas sit ups and it appears to be an excerpt from the course.

In my opinion guidelines are good fro most if not all people.

Even for the iso's we need help such as Hold for 7 to 12 seconds. What if people only wanted to hold for 4 seconds because they felt they were their own best trainer and that felt good for their body? Well obviously they would get bad results unless they were a very rare individual.

Share |