Share |
Dr. Young's Student from 1964/1965

06-26-2014, 08:00 AM

When I was fifteen and doing handstand against the wall pressups I used the stacks of three Brooklyn white pages and the middle pile as I got stronger I tore out pages so my head went lower

Share |

Legacy Member

06-26-2014, 08:43 AM

John or Greg:

Chuckh asked a question earlier in the thread. I'm kind of curious, too, Was the idea of a book explaining the FRY exercises shelved for now? Okay, if it was. There's so many other projects you all are involved in. I would have liked to have had a better, more detailed explanation of the exercises without the esoteric mumbo jumbo FRY always included in his books.

Manny

Share |

Author

06-26-2014, 09:14 AM

Hey Manny,

The truth is that Greg and I were very serious about bringing it out and still may do so. However, it will be different than we originally had planned.

Greg and I had thought of taking the exercises from each of Frank Rudolph Young's books and clarifying the instruction from each exercise. This we will not do because doing so would make them something other than FRY's exercises.

Bottom line: I could easily have a book completed that would simply compile each and every FRY exercise exactly as originally written into one comprehensive resource. The Question is, would it be worth the time and effort to bring FRY's confusing explanations to the public at large? I don't think so because the vast majority of Young's exercises are far too complex and difficult to understand for the average person. Think About it. If what I am saying is not true than why is there not a single course that is comprised of FRY's exercises? I'll tell you why. The explanations are so confusing that nobody knows for sure that they are doing the exercises correctly and that is why Young's books never really went anywhere other than being relegated to the realm of curiosity.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

06-26-2014, 09:59 AM

I'll dovetail what John said. There are about half a dozen or so of the exercises that Young wrote under the three books he wrote as Dr. Rudolph Young that have value. The others are simply variations of those six or are too complicated to try to promote.

Greg

Share |

06-26-2014, 11:42 AM

I agree with John and Greg... From the few books I've seen of FRY, I'd say you have to get through alot of chaff to find a few kernals of wheat!

ChuckH

Share |

Legacy Member

06-26-2014, 01:47 PM

ChuckH

That was my point exactly. Between the bad line drawings and the complex explanations, You really had to read through a lot of garbage to get to the meat of the exercise.

John and Greg: Thank you for responding. Greg, that's an interesting point you made. FRY probably had a few exercises and just changed an angle or position and called it something else to sell more books. Sounds like a project to be undertaken some day, but with the Living Strength Series and everything else you guys are working on, not as important.

Manny

Share |

Legacy Member

06-26-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytrain View Post
When I was fifteen and doing handstand against the wall pressups I used the stacks of three Brooklyn white pages and the middle pile as I got stronger I tore out pages so my head went lower
Progressive resistance at its finest

Share |