Share |
John, do you believe in the bible....

Author

03-13-2019, 09:38 AM

Hello Men,

Lion King asked me what I think about the Gospel of Thomas. Do I think it is real?

Answer: Yes, I certainly think it could be do and I have my reasons for it. This is also true of other books that were removed. BUT this is something I will teach about on the Youtube channel.

Before I go any further, I am going to state that there were/are many books that were excluded from the canon (official list of books to be included in the Bible) of Holy Scriptures or later removed by those with a political agenda.(Once again, I am as well versed in scripture as I am in true Physical Culture if somebody really wants to argue either of these topics with me...l'll say nothing more...decide for yourself how well they'd do against me.)

Nonetheless let me give you a quick lesson to prove my point. The book of Enoch was removed from the canon of scripture and I believe that it absolutely belongs in the Bible. Why? Because it is quoted by Jude, Peter and Jesus Himself. YES!!! You read that correctly...by JESUS Himself.

Where: Matthew 22: 23-33

Quote:
23 The same day Sadducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection, and they asked him a question, 24 saying, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies having no children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother.’ 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first married and died, and having no offspring left his wife to his brother. 26 So too the second and third, down to the seventh. 27 After them all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, therefore, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her.”

29 But Jesus answered them,“You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.

The verses I have underlined above, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."is not found in the canon of scripture that currently exists. Jesus was literally quoting from the the Book of Enoch (Enoch15: 1-6). I can also site other scriptures where Jesus and other new testament writers make reference to other 'scripture'. Bottom line: Jesus referred to Enoch as scripture and the information about those that are immortal not marrying or being given in marriage is only found in Enoch. I also have a long list of other scriptures that are referred to but not found in the current canon of scripture.
NOTE: This is just one example. I will not allow the prognosticators of gloom, doom, disaster and judgement get away with their fear mongering. God has called us to faith and blessing and I have the scriptures to prove it.

---John Peterson

Share |

Send a message via AIM to sixmillionman Send a message via MSN to sixmillionman

03-13-2019, 11:05 AM

interesting post i find something to learn.john i am interested to know what your favorite Bible translation is.it doesn't matter just wondering.

Share |

Author

03-13-2019, 11:40 AM

Hello sixmillionman,

My personal favorite Translation for in-depth Bible study is the International Standard Version (ISV)

If you were to go to BibleGateway or BibleHub you would then be able to pick out any given scripture and do a comparative analysis between them.

Example: James 1:27

Quote:
27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (NIV)

27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained [a]by the world. (New American Standard Bible)

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (King James Version)

27 A religion that is pure and stainless according to God the Father is this: to take care of orphans and widows who are suffering, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. (International Standard Version)

---John Peterson

Share |

03-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Great info Brother John!

Share |

03-13-2019, 12:08 PM

From what I have read it seems to me that Mary Magdalene was much more important to Jesus and to his ministry than is reflected in the currernt versions of the scriptures. Apparently at some point, probably during the inquisition, a politically motivated group desiring masculine control of the scriptures totally minimized her role, whch according to some authorities was to emphasize the relationship between men and women and the importance of their combined influence in the gospels.

Share |

Author

03-13-2019, 01:29 PM

Hello Gordon and ALL of my friends,

I had a very good friend by the name of Peter W Flint that was an extraordinary scholar. Dr. Flint was a chief translator of The Dead Sea Scrolls. He and I had some extraordinary discussions. At one point I stated flatly, "Doc, you and I both know that there are ancient texts that should have been included in the Bible that were not lost at all---they were removed and I want to know which books that would include." He agreed and he said, "John, a great place to start would be those books that were included among the Dead Sea Scrolls because they had been placed there by the Essenes for safe keeping.

The truth is that many Christians believe that the Bible is the “whole, literal, inerrant and complete” word of God. However, most of them aren’t even remotely aware that many of the writings that ancient Jews and Christians held to be scripture are not included in the Bible. Yes, of course, there is the Apocrypha – the 14 books Protestants threw out that were in contained in the original Authorized King James Version and still remain in Catholic Bibles (which are older than the Protestant versions). However, there are many other writings the average Christian doesn’t know anything about even though some of them are mentioned and/or quoted in the text of the Bible itself.

The following are some of the scriptures mentioned in the Bible that are not found between its covers. If you do your own research, you will find that there are a few others referred to in the Bible and more than a few Christian scriptures left out of the New Testament.

Book of the Wars of the Lord
Therefore it is said in the Book of the Wars of the LORD: “ Waheb in Suphah, the brooks of the Arnon,” (Numbers 21:14)

Book of Jasher
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the people had revenge upon their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. (Joshua 10:13)

and he told them to teach the children of Judah the Song of the Bow; indeed it is written in the Book of Jasher: (2 Samuel 1:18)

Book of Nathan, Book of Gad
Now the acts of King David, first and last, indeed they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer, (1 Chronicles 29:29)

Book of Nathan, Prophecy of Ahijah, Visions of Iddo
Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer concerning Jeroboam the son of Nebat? (2 Chronicles 9:29)

Acts of Solomon
Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon? (1 Kings 11:41)

This could not be the book included in the Bible entitled “Song of Solomon” as it isn’t an account of acts of Solomon. Song of Solomon is a book of erotic love poetry.

Book of Shemaiah, Book of Iddo
The acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam all their days. (2 Chronicles 12:15)

Annals of Iddo
Now the rest of the acts of Abijah, his ways, and his sayings are written in the annals of the prophet Iddo. (2 Chronicles 13:22)

Book of Jehu
Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, indeed they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, which is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel. (2 Chronicles 20:34)

Book of Enoch
Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, (Jude 1:14)

The Book of Enoch can be read online. The line quoted in Jude from the Book of Enoch is found in Enoch 1:9 (or 2:1 depending on the version you read).

Epistle to Corinth
I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. (1 Corinthians 5:9)

Epistle to the Ephesians
how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), (Ephesians 3:3, 4)

Epistle from Laodicea
Now when this epistle is read among you, see that it is read also in the church of the Laodiceans, and that you likewise read the epistle from Laodicea. (Colossians 4:16)

The Source of the Nazarene Prophecy
And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, “He shall be called a Nazarene.” (Matthew 2:23)

The quote above (“He shall be called a Nazarene”) is not found elsewhere in the Bible. Either it was forged or quoted a book not included in the Bible.

Bottom line: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade BUT there are books that have been withheld from the Bible and I for one, would like to know what they are and why.

---John Peterson

Share |

Send a message via AIM to sixmillionman Send a message via MSN to sixmillionman

03-15-2019, 07:46 AM

i would like why they are not in the bible too.actually there is a low percentage of christians that read the bible.i don't understand that.interesting post.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-15-2019, 04:26 PM

LOVE the discussion!!!! Keep her comin! Lol! There has been SOOOO much chicanery, mis-direction, machiavellian posturing, etc. amongst those influential leaders of ALL organized religions. Thank you John for bringing more truth to light. GREAT thread.

Share |

03-15-2019, 04:41 PM

I saw a great movie last night that will only be shown in most cities for the next three days. It presents all sides of the issue in a depth that I have never seen before.

https://patternsofevidence.com/2018/...s-controversy/

Share |

03-16-2019, 12:43 AM

Check locally if you are interested,but in most areas this movie will only be shown on March 16th and March 19th. Gordon

Share |