Share |
Fat Burning-Low or High Intensity???

12-02-2013, 02:19 PM

Hi All,

This is something John and I have discussed that you have to do both high and low intensity esepcially with running. The popular thing now is just straight high intensity interval workouts. Problem is injury rate and drop out rate is very high.

This study shows what John and I have known for years, you have to have lighter days after a heavy training day especially if training for running and racing.

Most good coaches for high school, college and beyond have known this for years but the HIIT people keep promoting just this type of training without backing it up. Too much high intensity intervals also results in aerobic fitness declining amongst runners. I have read studies backing this up.

Worth the read.
http://running.competitor.com/2013/1...fat-loss_13019

Monty

Share |

02-01-2014, 04:20 AM

high intensity always does work for me cause my most of the calorie are not burning enough on a day so yeah it's good for fat burn

Share |

03-25-2014, 01:19 AM

High intensity cardio such as running, jogging, swimming, cycling, and rope jumping etc. are more effective for the fat burning purposes. Do all of these out door high intensity cardio in your routine workout to get maximum help for your fat burning and weight control.

Share |

10-15-2014, 03:18 AM

High intensity exercises are most helpful for the fat burning and weight loss.
High intensity cardio exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, swimming, and rope jumping provide more support for the quick fat burning and successful weight control.

Share |

Banned

10-15-2014, 07:46 AM

I agree with Monty and John. You have to get a mixture of both. Doing high intensity all the time is asking for trouble and your setting yourself up for failure.

Last edited by michael; 10-15-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Share |

10-15-2014, 10:06 AM

Who are the people being studied... usually athletes. They train with HIIT so they can do better at the hours they spend in lower intensity activity - sports! They get a mix. But conclusions about HIIT are then generalized to people who are couch potatoes who then become afraid to take a walk after dinner after reading the so-called "HIIT" "science"!

Morehouse's book "Total Fitness in 30 Minutes per week" assumed activity above the "norm" to burn 300 calories per day. He then mixed in "intervals" for some extra fitness "boost" in the shorter sessions. So even that is a "mix"!

Oh well, rant ended!

ChuckH

Share |