Share |
Whiney babies

02-03-2009, 07:38 PM

We had a long meeting last night and a busy day today so I didn't get to post much. The only thing that irritates me about it was that I had to put up with a bunch of whiney babies! It amazes me that it is not the people who don't have much who are whining but the people who have a lot. I know, I know, I am whining about the whiney babies so that makes me a whiney baby! I was up in our church neighborhood and I saw four of the teenagers standing around so I stopped and said "hola" or "hi" for us gringos. I asked them how it was going and they all said everything was going great, pastor. These young men live in shacks, eat one meal a day and are lucky to work two days a week. They are happy and it is fun to be around them. Some of the other folks I know here have a pretty fair living, fairly nice house and it seems like something is always wrong. I think that we have really done an injustice to the younger generation for not teaching them to be content with where they are at. One of the greatest blessings that you can have in your life is learning to be content with where you are at. Not stagnant but content.

The whiney whiney baby,

Aaron

Share |

Author

02-03-2009, 08:20 PM

Hey Aaron,

You're not whining. You're telling it like it is. Think about it Aaron. It's the guys that had it all on Wall Street and those running the financial institutions at the very top that screwed up and now expect the American tax payer to pay the bill. It is those who have, that caused the mess to begin with, that are whining the loudest. But I'll tell you what, there will be many people that were raised in privilege that will be biting the dust before this debacle is over. Just watch my friend.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-04-2009, 02:50 AM

John is right. You are not whining. You are telling the truth. And YOU are grieving. You are grieving over the shallowness and lukewarmness in the Church. You are grieving as God is grieving.

Look at this picture: The poor are content while the rich are empty. Do we really want to convert those happy immigrants to the creed of materialism so that they too can become discontent? Maybe it is God's mercy that is allowing the fall of Wall Street.

Just as the physical body benefits in many ways from physical challenges, so too the spiritual Body benefits from hardship and trials. Your whiney friends need a good challenge so they can get their priorities straight.

In this day, God is getting the Body of Messiah in shape! In Song of Solomon 6, Jerusalem, the Bride, is spoken of as an ARMY - "terrible as an army with banners." That brings to mind qualities like strength, endurance, determination, dedication, and obedience to the commander. Some of these qualities are, in a way, not very feminine. Yet this is the comparison God has made in the Scriptures. No man need feel like a sissy for being included in the Bride! The Bride of the Lamb is tough!

I would like to say one more thing. This may sound crazy, but I am always looking for what God is doing prophetically. For some time now, God has been leading me to get fit. This reflects what He is doing in the Spirit with His Body: getting His Body in shape; perfecting His Body. Recently, He has led me to seek a no-equipment exercise method. I believe this takes it one step further. God is trying to break the yoke and bondage of materialism that is over His Body. He has already given us everything we need to stay in shape: a mind and a body. That's it. If things get rough and we have to flee from city to city, we won't be able to take all of our exercise machines with us. But with the body-weight exercises stored in our memory, we are free - we can go anywhere and still stay in shape. And I might add - we can stay in better shape than we could ever get from all those machines. That is another reason I am so glad God has led me to this system of exercise.

Song of Solomon 6 (King James Version)
4Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners.

10Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

Last edited by April; 02-04-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Share |

02-04-2009, 03:17 AM

I have known a lot of very rich people in my personal and business life. While there are exceptions; as a group they are among the most bored and boring people that one can imagine. It is also true that we as human beings are a self contained unit both mentally and physically- as the author says "the space ship you."

Share |

02-04-2009, 06:10 AM

I think that we do need to be happy with what we have. I know that we are guilty at times for wanting things that we don't have. The problem occurs when we start expecting things that we don't have or believe that we are owed something. One of the meetings that I have been going to recently is a group of 80-90 families that form a co-op for a mail service in the states. What this means is when someone ships us cargo or letter mail we have to meet the airport officials and clear the stuff through customs or help people coming through immigration to visit someone down here. I am not trying to brag but I am the one in charge of dealing with government officials. The reason is not because I am better educated, better versed in Spanish or know the legal system, it is simply because the officials and workers love my family. We just treat the people with respect, don't whine and respect their authority. You would be surprised how many people down here think that something is owed to them because we are helping the people down here. This past Christmas I got one part of the missionaries angry with me. They were talking about how we weren't being treated right and how the Dominican people owed us and needed to treat us better. I tried to keep quiet but finally couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. I told them that they needed to shut up, get their stuff and get out of there. I told them that nobody owed them anything for doing what they are supposed to do.

As John indicated in his post about Wall Street, I think that we are going to see a lot of that come to pass. These guys figured that it is owed to them. You are never owed anything for doing your job besides what you have agreed to. Respect is nice but not owed. Perks or bonuses are for doing your job well not to get you to do your job.

Your friend,

Aaron

Share |

02-04-2009, 09:45 AM

Some people always seem to want more.
The art of living one day at a time is described by Jesus at Matthew 6:34 and was seen in his lifestyle.

Jack

Last edited by kelbiz; 02-04-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Share |

02-04-2009, 11:21 AM

Gosh Aaron, you want some cheese with that whine?

I have a very young family with my children's ages 9, 6, 3, & 2. I have a zero tolerance policy for whining. In large part because I work with 50+ year old whiney a** people. I want my children to grow to be adults that behave responsibly as adults - not children in adult bodies. In the context of those who "have" in contrast with those who "have not", it seems that the ones who whine are acting as spoiled brats who forgot where they came from OR never appreciated what they had.

Finally, brother, "But godliness with contentment is great gain." I Timothy 6:6

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm And ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

02-04-2009, 02:31 PM

I think that we as human beings all need a certain amount of struggle and challenge in our lives to maintain and develop various abilities and potentials that we have. Here in the Northwest we have the Salmon runs where the Salmon have to fight their way back to their breeding grounds by swimming up stream and fighting their way through rapids and all kinds of natural barriers. When the Salmon are taken out of these natural environments that require struggle and risk and put in protected artificial breeding areas their genetics deteriorate. I believe that an over protective environment has the same effect on human beings. Stress helps us to develop the potentials that we all have within us - Conscious Evolution.

Share |

02-04-2009, 05:47 PM

Hey Max,

I am glad to see that you are teaching your children the right way. Too many people let their children whine about everything. I would like a sharp cheddar with my whine. Don't send it, not even I can get meats and cheeses cleared through customs! I remember one time when this missionary down here was going to try to sneak through a cooler full of Omaha steaks and some good sausage. I told him not to try it because is was not worth the risk because they will dispose of it. He didn't listen. Man he was yelling at the custom agents when they said that he couldn't take it. I really thought that he was going to cry as they took those steaks and sausage into three or four pieces and threw them in the trash can that they brought out. He stormed out of there and I told the customs agents that I was sorry for the way that he behaved. They said that there wasn;t a problem and they knew it wasn't me. My oldest son Josh and I stuck around afterwards and visited with them for a bit. The big boss came in and said "give me my trash can." He put the trash can on the counter pulled out the clean trash bag that he had just put in there and divided the meat up between him and the other workers. I could have got some of the steaks and sausage but I told them "Naa, I don't think it is a good idea." I was pretty stupid and should have taken their offer. You can get some steak like that down here but its sure not on my budget! I don't know what this has to do about whining but I just thought that I would throw it in here.

Aaron

Share |

02-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Hey John, when does the virility book come out, and does it include a chapter on sucking it up and dealing with your situation to the best of your ability? That may simply be the natural outpouring of being a virile male. Manliness precludes "boo-hooishness"

David

Share |