Share |
John, Is Charles Bronson The Prisoner Built...

09-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Mike, I recently read an interesting book on Tai Chi. I have never practiced Tai Chi, but it uses Mind/Body exercises the same as those taught by John. Here are a couple of choice quotes from the book:

" Tendon Nei Kung will yield a substantial strength that will serve us even into the last years of our lives. Muscle power on the the other hand , can be built up in a matter of days,but the muscles are apt to lose their power in a very short period of time if they are not continually stimulated.."

"Yogic exercises, which claim to strengthen the body from the inside out, greatly uniting it by developing all of the non visible smaller muscles and of course the tendons, yielding a strength much different from that of someone who concentrates soley on the obvious muscles."

Share |

09-09-2009, 09:39 AM

I just ordered a copy of the DVD for Bronson the movie. I couldn't find a copy in the US so I ordered it out of Amazon.com UK.

Share |

09-09-2009, 11:51 AM

That looks interesting. I can't wait to get the DVD

Share |

Author

09-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Hey Guys,

I must admit that I am really intrigued by that one minute video clip. I'll be looking for it on video.

---John Peterson

Share |

09-09-2009, 12:41 PM

I don't get the attraction. He is a man incapable of living in society, of not harming others, for a lifetime. There is no strength there, only sickness. Some men live in restricted rooms for decades banging their head on the wall. I don't have any interest in replicating their physical feats. If I were a psychiatrist I would have a professional interest - any less knowledge indicates staring at a bloody automobile accident.

Tom

Share |

09-09-2009, 01:48 PM

I agree with Tom. Why is this man being glorified? As I stated before he is nothing more than a thug and career criminal who belongs behind bars. Has he ever expressed any remore for any of the actions that got him behind bars in the first place?

Along the same lines I have never understood the fascination some people have had with Charles Manson over the years. Just recently in fact I saw a young teenage girl wearing a t-shirt with Charles Manson's likeness. Both Bronson and Manson are LOSERS in the game of life.

If you want to talk about Charles Bronson in relation to what we do here then let's talk about the REAL Charles Bronson and honor his legacy.

Share |

09-09-2009, 02:34 PM

A long time ago I learned that if I wanted to be good at something I had to study those people who had been successful at that activity to find out how they did it and take those same principles and apply them to my own situation. Charles Bronson has built phenominal physical and mental strength and he has done it under the most adverse of conditons-conditions which have been fatal to many people who have faced similar situations. We are not talking about emulating anything in his life except the princples that he has developed to build strength which we can apply to our own lives.

Share |

09-09-2009, 03:47 PM

I have been thinking about this and I have something that I want to add to my last comment. We are going into a very difficult period in our economy. Many perople are going to have to deal with people and situations that they never thought they would face. If they can learn anything from Charles Bronson about developing the internal strength and NERVE FORCE that they will need to deal with these difficult and challenging situations then learning about him will have been worth while. Many people have lived very sheltered lives and are unaware of what really goes on in the world. During World War II The Nazis had taken over much of Europe including Italy. At the point Allied Intelligence made the decision to put the Mafia back in control and supported them to that end. The strategy worked and the Mafia drove out the Naziis but the unintended consequence was that the Mafia didn't go away after the war. Sometimes you have to deal with bad people to get good results,but in a complicated world the long tern outcomes aren't always predictable. Over the next few years the primary concern of many people will be survival and who better to teach that than Charles Bronson.

Share |

Banned

09-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Gordon Tai Chi is a fine martial art and the Qigong is also called Nei Kung, makes Tai Chi an even finer art. Gordon is right, the man is scum, but he triumphed over adversity and many convicts do, does not make him a better person, just a survivor. Bronson took what Charles Atlas taught and used it, and learned it it, not made himself a better person, just made himself a survivor. I think Gordon is talking about that, most of us would be crushed by 30 years in solitary confinement, his surviving is admirable, not the man.

Gordon I never studied Tai Chi but heard great things about that Internal Form of Chinese Boxing. I see the link between Shaolin Boxing and Western, once they were one when Alexander brought it to India. But I see India and Persia as both parts of the Historic West and they are our Brothers, seperated by Islam from the West just as our Middle Eastern and N. African brothers were. But the roots of the Middle East, India and Persian are the same as us, we survived Islam.

Share |

09-09-2009, 11:19 PM

I have been a history and biography buff all of my life. I have studied it in formal classes and read countless accounts relating to it. I must admit that I have never read a survival story that compares to that of Charles Bronson- certainly not over anything that compares to the period of time that he endured the abuse. The really encouraging thing about his story is that he did it with a system that can be applied by others as rhey face the massive changes coming in the world over the forseeable future.

Share |