Share |
Get That Sonofabitch off the Field! I Agree!!!

Author

09-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Hello Friends,

I am well aware that Alex Jones needs to be extreme for people to pay attention. That is a forgone conclusion but I have no doubt, absolutely none, that he speaks from his true convictions and I honor him for that.

Whether you like him or hate him that is your choice.

As relates to his defense of President Trump and his NFL statements I believe Alex Jones is spot on. They are a group of spoiled brats and many of them are pumped up on steroids. The idea that either NFL or the so called Hollywood elite think its OK to trash America and our flag I find repugnant and it is my hope that they continue to lose viewership. I for one am not wasting my time watching their games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel

---John Peterson

Share |

09-25-2017, 10:56 AM

The following blog by a humble musician named Reggie Hammond is perhaps the most sensible diatribe I've read on this mess. Reggie clearly expresses the thoughts that have been in my head.

The Unspoken Contract

Share |

Author

09-25-2017, 11:27 AM

No Bite MY FRIEND,

I AM GRATEFUL! Thank YOU!!!

This young man has written with a profound insight and given words to what millions of Americans feel but are unable to express with the written word..

Though every word used was well chosen I will focus on the last portion in which he states:

Quote:
The NFL has probably lost me as a fan forever. The unspoken contract between us has been broken. See, I support the country and the troops and I stand for the flag and the pledge and the anthem. And I have very deep reasons why I do those things. But I now know that a lot of those players out there don’t really like or respect me. They don’t care anything about me. And that’s all totally fine. But it seems they still want my support and attention. The NFL has asked for the same thing. But that’s where the unspoken contract gets interesting …

Look, I’m not naive enough to think that every person on a field or a stage or a screen agrees with all my points of view on everything. But I want them to at least give me the illusion of respect for supporting their talent. If you come see me perform, you can believe I appreciate you and I honor you with my best effort. I don’t take it lightly. I understand how many choices you have, how hard you work for your money (that you’re giving to me) and how lucky I am to be there.

In short …I respect the unspoken contract.

People are tired. They’re just tired of constantly being told they’re racists when they have no idea what they’ve done wrong. They’re trying to keep the mortgage paid and get the kids through school and have enough money for Christmas presents and keep the cars out of the shop and lose that extra fifteen pounds and afford health insurance and maybe even take the family to a beach somewhere once a year. They love America, they love the flag, they support the troops and they are racking their brains to figure out what they can do to remedy the problem these rich, physical specimens seem to have with the country. If someone would just tell them what to do, most of them would gladly do it. But a blatant disrespect of something their grandpas and uncles and fathers and brothers fought and died for …is a breach of the unspoken contract.

I offer a friendly word to all the entertainers and athletes (AND sports institutions) who feel the need to continually berate their audience: One day all those “regular” people might discover that they are just fine without your specialized talent. And they might get tired of funding your movies and TV shows and concerts with their hard earned money or your stadiums with their inflated tax dollars. And you could find yourself throwing things around the brick yard …on lunch breaks.

Reggie Hammond is someone that I will now be following on a regular basis. I wish I could shake his hand and say, "Thanks Reggie. That was out of the ball-park."

---John Peterson

Share |

09-25-2017, 11:29 AM

I will say this, John, I enjoyed the Alex Jones response! No punches pulled!!

Share |

Banned

09-25-2017, 12:29 PM

Great thread and interesting, I agree with you both.

Share |

09-25-2017, 12:39 PM

The flag is the symbol of America and freedom. The civil war freed America from slavery while Muslim nations still pracrice slavery and currently maintain 20+ million black slaves world wide

Share |

Banned

09-25-2017, 12:52 PM

I don’t post much, but decided to weigh in on this one.

I couldn’t agree more with what John and NoBite have written!

I have to shake my head, and ask what is next? I have heard that some college players (apparently some gender “challenged” soccer player is or was doing it now also), and high school players, are now doing the same thing. What’s next, junior high and grade school players? Offended by the National Anthem? OMG, what is next? The Pledge of Allegiance? Why don’t we just outlaw the U.S.A. Flag altogether? I am sure someone, somewhere, is offended by all three of them?

The players hide behind the First Amendment. Doesn’t President Trump have the same First Amendment rights? The media says President Trump’s comments are “divisive.” I guess somehow disrespecting the flag and the country, that has been so great to the players, isn’t divisive?

What the hell has happened to Patriotism in this country? Maybe the New England Patriots should change their name? It has the world Patriots in it? Again, what is next?

I think it is sad, disrespectful, and disgusting what these players are doing! Nope, I won’t be watching any NFL games either!

Share |

09-25-2017, 01:55 PM

Amen Brother John! All the libs that say that the players have a right under the constitution to free speech want to deny our president the same right. Hypocrites! If you want to be free AT WORK to say what you want, you have to sign the front of your paycheck and not the back!

Share |

Author

09-26-2017, 04:17 PM

Hello Friends,

You have posted some great responses. Thank You.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-27-2017, 04:31 AM

I'm literally worn out from all of this nonsense in our country from leftist and liberal activists, its painful, and hypocritical. They spread nothing but division, will not listen to reason and care nothing about what is best for this country except their chosen cause. I have tried so many times to engage in reasonable discussions to only be derided ( a common tactic it seems).

You never raise yourself up by tearing someone else down... below is a post from a facebook friend of mine which seems appropriate, thought I would share it.

Quote:
If people voluntarily went to your Mama's funeral, (assuming you loved your mother and she loved and sacrificed her life for you like Debbie Wetzler does for Rob and Ernie and myself) and then when everyone else started singing the song Amazing Grace a group of hecklers at your mother's funeral started drawing special attention to themselves rather than waiting for an appropriate forum to aire their grievances; if they instead chose the brief time of honoring your mother to use that audience to make a point about something completely unrelated to your mother's life and sacrifices; or they walked out or just decided to do their own thing; or started booing; or turned their backs in protest; how would that make you feel?
Then they say they are just doing it at your mom's funeral to raise awareness of all the other moms, or one particularly unpopular and impetuosly strange mom, who did not love their children.
Their justification for dishonoring your mom at her funeral is so that they can raise awareness of the other moms who are not being honored at your mom's funeral who choose to neglect, or worse they kill, their own babies cause they are selfish.
Would that be an appropriate place to "raise awareness" for their issues they want to be heard because they had bad experiences with their moms in a place with a captive audience otherwise in agreement to be a participant or at least not drawing attention to themselves about their mommy issues at your mom's funeral?
Is that a respectful venue and voluntarily agreed upon captive audience with which to confront the disrespect of others being treated poorly at your mom's funeral ceremony during a prayer honoring her which has absolutely nothing to do with other moms who were bad examples, unlike and completely having nothing to do with your mom's good example and sacrificial acts of love?
That analogy makes as much sense as these people disrupting the anthem giving honor by people who appreciate the sacrifices of selfless heroes just because other people who are poor examples of leadership should have legislation written to confront and hold them in contempt in a COURTROOM, not a Football Game!

Share |