Share |
Tiger Moves And Muscular Development

Author

11-02-2017, 04:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received an e-mail asking me if a man could achieve the kind of results with Tiger Moves (and DVR exercises in general) that one would normally associate with heavy weights.

(I'd appreciate if some of you would share your own insights and experiences.)

My response: The Seven Tiger Move Exercises as taught by John McSweeney really did not have weight training counterparts with the exception of the 'half knee bend'. So from that perspective you're not really comparing apples with apples and you certainly would not be developing the muscles from the same angles.

But to answer the question of whether or not you can build great strength and sculpt a pleasing physique with Tiger Moves and Muscle Tension Exercises similar in concept to the Tiger Moves, the answer is YES! You certainly can.

However, let me answer the question that was not asked directly. That question is: 'Can one develop muscle size to the same extent with muscle tension exercises as when one is using heavy weights?' The answer is NO. Not if size alone is what you are after.

Let me state what I mean based on what I have observed first hand.

I knew several young guys in the 1960's when I was growing up that wanted to gain weight for football. Several of them followed Peary Rader's Master Weight Gain program to the letter and they gained a combination of muscle and fat faster than you can imagine. They did this by performing just one set of the heaviest possible squats for a set of 20 consecutive squats and one set each of 7 other exercises. Peary Rader, the course author literally advised taking the heaviest weight possible that you could 'squat' for a set of 10 maximum reps and then forcing yourself to do 20 repetitions with that same weight. That was exercise #1) He also had you do a single set of 2) Pull-overs after the squats 3) Presses 4) Curls 5)Upright rows 6) Bench Presses 7)Bent Over Rows, and 8) Dead Lifts. The kicker was that you were also supposed to drink a gallon of whole milk each day which supplied nearly 2,400 calories all by itself. Naturally, you'll gain weight very quickly by drinking a gallon of whole milk each day.

Granted, that program delivered the weight gain promised but it was ugly weight that was primarily in the hips, glutes, thighs and gut. You certainly gained weight in the upper body too, but not nearly to the extent that you gained it in the lower body and gut.

So, if the question is, "Can you sculpt an attractive and muscular physique doing 'Tiger Moves' and muscle tension exercises?" The answer is "yes". But can you develop the same kind of size with Tiger Moves that you can with a forced weight gaining program using ultra heavy squats? The answer is no. Not even remotely.

Bottom line: if size alone without regard to how it looks or functions is your goal then Ultra heavy weight training and over eating will give you size.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-03-2017, 07:38 AM

Mr.Peterson, Along time ago after I realized I could no longer lift weights I found your site and the "Miracle 7" exercises. I started doing them and before long I started to tone up and feel stronger without causing any pain to myself. At the time I was probably in my late 50's and had degenerative joint disease from head to toe and had gone through about 50 or so surgeries. I remember 2 things in particular from doing the Tiger Moves, one time when I was working in a nursing home I noticed my uniform was getting tight from the toning and some size I was getting from doing them. My co-workers noticed too. Another time,after a major surgery that laid me up for quite a while and unable to exercise,I started doing the Tiger Moves again and this time I was working at a video store.My co-workers and a couple of the customers I knew all asked me what was I doing to get back in shape so fast?! Finally,last year I had a total right shoulder replacement done. My surgeon wanted me to go to physical therapy 3 x a week for 6 weeks at $40.00 a session which I couldn't afford. I went to 2 sessions then had to stop. My range of motion wasn't good at all and I lost a lot of size in my arm. It didn't look good for me. One day I decided to take matters in my own hands and slowly and carefully began doing the Tiger Moves,especially the High Reach. After a while my range of motion improved greatly and so did my strength. I then moved on to using the Power Belt and that increased my results.This was all done with no pain whatsoever thanks to the Tiger Moves. So my answer to the gentleman's question is YES the Tiger Moves really work!!

Last edited by kong2; 11-03-2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: letters missing.

Share |

Author

11-03-2017, 12:10 PM

Hello Lou,

Fantastic post. Thank You.

If anyone would know the benefits of what we teach it would be YOU my friend.

What I find particularly inspiring about your post is that not only did Tiger Moves restore pain free range of motion but they have also re-built muscle mass and stimulated Testosterone production.

The reason I say that about testosterone is because for you to regain muscle mass as you have it would require enhanced testosterone production.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-03-2017, 02:54 PM

I am more than happy to reply.

I use 5 of the Tiger moves- mainly the upper body ones. This was to aid in my shoulder rehab.

So here are my findings;

1.If you have an injury the tiger moves will help 100%- however do not be an idiot i.e stop doing what hurts and let the moves plus your body work together to heal the injury.

2. Your forearms will grow- mine did!

3. Your abs will acquire definition.

4. Your body will start to attain its natural shape- read this again - your NATURAL shape! Not the shape you may want or have seen in some magazine or in some film- but quite simply the shape and muscularity that is optimum for your and your genetics.

5.Read number 5 again- it is about you and no one else.It took me a while to learn this such was the power of suggestion over my own self knowledge when I was young.Know thyself !!

Share |

Banned

11-03-2017, 08:46 PM

The Tiger moves of the Miracle 7 rock and work! I injured my shoulder and the Tiger moves fixed me. The 7 Tiger moves are related to QiGong exercises and I think Shaolin I Chin Ching exercises. I Chin Chang exercises are considered in China to rejuvenate users, so will the 7 Tiger moves imho

The Tiger moves will build you up and make you strong and fit. I've given many copies of the Miracle 7 to family and friends.

Share |

11-04-2017, 07:44 PM

i usually do one set of the tiger moves before i do isometrics, as a warm up, i really think it enhances the belt isometrics

Share |