Share |
Benefits of a Brief Jog

Author

12-09-2019, 04:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

Lately, there has been quite a bit of information published about the benefits of a brief jog of 15 minutes at only moderate exertion. This is an article my wife forwarded to me. It makes good sense.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

12-09-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
Hello Everyone,

Lately, there has been quite a bit of information published about the benefits of a brief jog of 15 minutes at only moderate exertion. This is an article my wife forwarded to me. It makes good sense.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

---John Peterson

It's a good article and jogging does have some benefits but even moderate jogging wouldn't help someone who's had previous injuries especially in the ankles and shins. I was never big into running unless it was a Sprint but jogging would be very painful for people like me. Have tried it in the past before my accident and afterwards but the results werent great. I don't have the luxury to jog like this article presents because of those injuries to my shin and ankles. Squats, Isometric leg work and animal moves are more than enough to keep my legs healthy and pain free.

Share |

Banned

12-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Well I don't think the article is urging those with very good pre-existing disabilities to get out and run. I would agree though a lot of people that like strength and muscle type work outs, tend to be non runners for the most part. Those that are healthy and can run, should run a little Let how you feel be your guide.

I would submit that most people, if they could do a 15 minute run 3x week and then simply do a little bodyweight resistance training would be far healthier than 99 percent of the general public AND 99 percent of people on sites like T-Nation.

To many seek performance and fitness to a particular task over health. Strength without health is useless except in the minds of the strong.

Share |