Share |
My Phone call with Benny B.

Author

12-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Hello Everyone,

A couple of nights ago I called Benny B to thank him for his many contributions to our forum. It was during our call that I discovered all kinds of things that I did not know about him.

For example, when he was 20 years old he had an accident that I assure you would have left more than 90% of survivors in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives. He completely rehabbed himself and achieved a level of truly amazing strength and fitness that easily puts him in the top 3% of the world's strongest and most athletic men. (We are talking about a man that had both shins shattered.) Believe me, to do that after sustaining the injuries that he experienced would require facing and experiencing months and months with an extraordinary amount of pain. Yet, 15 years later he is not only surviving but thriving among the strongest and most athletic of men.

Consider: (And Tim K saw him do this) From a standing position, Benny can fall back into a back bridge without any form of assistance, something I would not recommend that anyone try to do, due to the extreme likelihood of breaking your neck or worse. He also routinely does workouts with animal movements that have given him a level of strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, speed, endurance and kinesthetic awareness that cannot be approached with other forms of exercise. Animal Movements require multiple planes of movement and as such, they would be an ideal training method for men involved in Mixed Martial Arts because they develop all athletic attributes from angles that cannot be experienced with other methods due to the fact that other methods are not multi-plane movements as animal movements.

Bottom line: If there is anything you want to know strength, conditioning or strong man stunts don't hesitate to ask him.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

12-19-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
Hello Everyone,

A couple of nights ago I called Benny B to thank him for his many contributions to our forum. It was during our call that I discovered all kinds of things that I did not know about him.

For example, when he was 20 years old he had an accident that I assure you would have left more than 90% of survivors in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives. He completely rehabbed himself and achieved a level of truly amazing strength and fitness that easily puts him in the top 3% of the world's strongest and most athletic men. (We are talking about a man that had both shins shattered.) Believe me, to do that after sustaining the injuries that he experienced would require facing and experiencing months and months with an extraordinary amount of pain. Yet, 15 years later he is not only surviving but thriving among the strongest and most athletic of men.

Consider: (And Tim K saw him do this) From a standing position, Benny can fall back into a back bridge without any form of assistance, something I would not recommend that anyone try to do, due to the extreme likelihood of breaking your neck or worse. He also routinely does workouts with animal movements that have given him a level of strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, speed, endurance and kinesthetic awareness that cannot be approached with other forms of exercise. Animal Movements require multiple planes of movement and as such, they would be an ideal training method for men involved in Mixed Martial Arts because they develop all athletic attributes from angles that cannot be experienced with other methods due to the fact that other methods are not multi-plane movements as animal movements.

Bottom line: If there is anything you want to know strength, conditioning or strong man stunts don't hesitate to ask him.

---John Peterson
I'm flattered John thank you but there's a couple things I need to correct you on...My legs, my left shin and both ankles were broken, not both shins. Second, I didn't fall back into a bridge when tim was with me, I got myself into a bridge from the floor without the assistance of my hands as support, that's a little different than from standing lol. Again thank you for the accolades but I just did what I felt I had to do and went with it. And that bridge was a test of strength as I also attempted to bend a 60 penny nail while i was in the bridge but it wasn't working that day for some reason, got about half way into the bend and had to get out of it and finish it from my feet standing. Not painful or anything I just didn't want to waste Tim's time doing a feat for too long.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-20-2019, 12:13 PM

Benny is being too modest.
I was there. It sure looked to me like he just dropped into the Wrestlers Bridge. I get into that bridge from a laying position on the ground and inch into it.
He did it with no assistance from his hands because he had a spike in his hands. I saw him bend that spike while he was in the bridging position.
After he got up and handed me the spike, I tried to see if I could bend it. That spike did not bend for me.
Benny is amazing. A real nice man also.

Tim

Share |

Legacy Member

12-20-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimK View Post
Benny is being too modest.
I was there. It sure looked to me like he just dropped into the Wrestlers Bridge. I get into that bridge from a laying position on the ground and inch into it.
He did it with no assistance from his hands because he had a spike in his hands. I saw him bend that spike while he was in the bridging position.
After he got up and handed me the spike, I tried to see if I could bend it. That spike did not bend for me.
Benny is amazing. A real nice man also.

Tim
Thanks Tim. It was fun meeting you these last couple times. Also to John, I don't consider myself in any percentage of the strongest men in the world, there are way more guys out there that qualify more than I ever will be. I just love what I do and make the most of it to the best to my abilities.

Share |

Banned

12-20-2019, 06:09 PM

Benny you are a unique exerciser for sure. You dance to your own drum which is usually a tire with a sledge hammer setting the beat! I don't workout like you but I have learned some things from your workouts and blog.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-20-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ware View Post
Benny you are a unique exerciser for sure. You dance to your own drum which is usually a tire with a sledge hammer setting the beat! I don't workout like you but I have learned some things from your workouts and blog.

Lol I haven't hit the tire in weeks. I miss it. Nobody needs to workout like me but on another spectrum I wouldn't touch certain workouts with a ten foot pole cause I'd be dead at the end of them. Thank you for saying that about my blog, I appreciate that.

Share |