Share |
Rule modification - Need your opinions

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:08 AM

I was talking to John the other day and we got into talking about forum rules and decorum. The bottom line with this forum all comes down to one word: Respect. So I'm thinking of adding a "Unifying Rule" to the forum rules:

Always show respect towards others. Any lack of respect may result in your removal from participating on the forum.

How do you guys feel about that?

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:24 AM

Hi Joe,

Has this become a problem again?

The nice thing about the forum as of late is that the Wiley's don't seem to be here or you John and Greg are doing an expert job at headin' them off at the pass-so to speak(this is probably the case).

I like that you are keeping the negativity off-it just serves no purpose.

peace,
jason

Share |

05-17-2010, 08:24 AM

I dont see any problem with that

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:28 AM

Sorry Joe,

I realize I didn't answer the question.I agree with Shamus-I don't see a problem with what your present.

j

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:30 AM

No, no, there's no problems. The fact is we get new users every day and I want to make the rules as clear as they can be. I think right now they're pretty clear, but I believe the addition of this as a kind of unifying theme will really make it like crystal.

Bottom line; any kind of disrespect will not be tolerated. Plain and simple, no if ands or buts.

I believe it's important to everyone who joint the forum to know this. They'll know not to show disrespect and more importantly they'll know that others aren't going to be showing disrespect toward them.

-Joe

Share |

Banned

05-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Well actually I think the last point is so important.If someone asks a simple question and is genuinely seeking an answer then it is so depressing if they are belittled. This does not happen here but on some forums you feel as if you need a doctorate in exercise physiology just to participate and be heard!

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Right on Joe!

It's funny and I am sure Greg would agree with me here. It's like working with teens in school(or any social interaction)-you give respect,you get respect. It is such an easy formula for positive social interaction.

Great Job Joe,John,and Greg!

peace,
jason

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
...or you John and Greg are doing an expert job at headin' them off at the pass-so to speak(this is probably the case).
BTW, Jason, this IS the case

They're still here, but haven't figured out a way to get past us. Only Greg, John and myself have to deal with them these days.

GKC I'm glad to read what you wrote. It does bother me when someone asks a simple question and others try to somehow raise themselves up by belittling them. You see that on a lot of sites. The "I'm smarter than you" act rubs me the wrong way.

-Joe

Share |

Author

05-17-2010, 09:31 AM

Hey Friends,

This is a great thread. I was talking with Joe and mentioned that the moment someone shows up here out of the blue and shows disrespect they will be history. We have a great forum and great participants. It is important to all of us to keep it that way. There is no reason for anyone to be disrespectful to any one else on this forum.

This is also why I will not allow certain things to be brought up on this forum. Here's the deal. I don't advertise on any one else' forum. I don't place links anywhere unless I am asked to do so through mutual agreement because I want to show respect to one and all. This is why certain links or threads have been deleted on this forum. Oftentimes when someone asks a question, particularly if they are new and show up suddenly asking questions about a product that is not one of ours they are in essence here to advertise that product. So, if someone has a link that they would like to post about a product ask first. If it is something that can benefit one and all, I have no doubt but that it will be approved. But if somebody is showing up to sell their product to our forum members they can forget it because it will not be allowed.

---John Peterson

P.S. And NO! I never endorsed any form of Bull Worker type product.

Share |

05-17-2010, 10:23 AM

I like it. Let's make "others" mean everybody in the world. Respect is always class.

Tom

Share |

Tags
forum