Share |
New Isometric Power Belt Course

Author

02-07-2020, 12:03 PM

Hello Steveo81,

No way does Isometric Contraction weaken you. In fact, you will be far stronger in terms of strength to body weight ratio than you have ever been. At least that was/is my experience.

However, like everything else, Isometrics have to be kept in balance. I was simply doing too many contractions each day.

I was experiencing an 'Isometric High' (an Extreme feeling of Elation). And I was hooked on it. I still perform a minimum of 18 full body contractions ( 3 contractions X 6 each day) with my Power Belt not including my body part specific contractions each day.

This brings up a point. Isometric Contraction causes your body to 'heat up' to an extraordinary extent and truth to tell, if you don't have sweat popping from every pore in your body in short order from doing ultra intense contractions...then YOU are NOT doing REAL Isometric Contractions. I say this because it is impossible to apply yourself with maximum intensity and not to cause the body to generate intense heat. If you perform the full body contraction which is a 3-WAY Contraction (in which YOU--PUSH-PULL & FLEX simultaneously) you only perform 3 reps at any given time or you might soak your clothing with sweat. It takes less than 1 Minute to do the 3-reps and releases endorphins as nothing else can.

Now, to answer the blacking out question, I was blacking out if I rose too quickly because my blood pressure had gotten so low. I do not have this problem at all with me body weight at 160 to 165 pounds.

I also have my muscular endurance back where I want it. I have determined this by the fact that I am back to 300 Push-Ups W/weight vest daily. I perform 5 X 15 to 20 reps of Atlas 1,2, & 3. My strength and fitness is now exactly where I want it. Why 300? Because I grew up performing a minimum of 300 daily and when I wasn't performing those 300 Push-Ups each day I lost a certain amount of my lung capacity and because of that I felt like I was half alive. ( Atlas Push-Ups increase Lung capacity MORE than any other exercise if done correctly) NOW I feel so good and so strong that I literally have to remind myself that I am in my 68th year. Another point, with the RIGHT BALANCE of ISO+DYNAMIC Exercise you will be amazed at your strength levels as you age. I know its customary to believe that you lose strength as you age but with the right balance of training it seems you can postpone it almost indefinitely.

---John

Share |

02-08-2020, 02:21 AM

Im definitely familiar with iso's and have been doing them for years, but I had never heard of someone's blood pressure dropping too low like that from doing them excessively. Interesting. I am currently doing a combination of the X3 bar and isos and it's definitely working.

Share |

Legacy Member

02-10-2020, 07:47 AM

Steveo81,

A man I used to lift with decided to try a "Natural" bodybuilding contest. He went from a bull of a man at 225lbs to an absolutely ripped 157lbs. At that point he started passing out if he stood up to quickly.
It's not the ISOs it's the weight loss.
I've told John to pack on some manly lard, but he doesn't listen to me. Of course my wife keeps on telling me to lose some weight so I look more like John.

Tim

Share |

Legacy Member

02-13-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimK View Post
Steveo81,

A man I used to lift with decided to try a "Natural" bodybuilding contest. He went from a bull of a man at 225lbs to an absolutely ripped 157lbs. At that point he started passing out if he stood up to quickly.
It's not the ISOs it's the weight loss.
I've told John to pack on some manly lard, but he doesn't listen to me. Of course my wife keeps on telling me to lose some weight so I look more like John.

Tim
That's pretty interesting Tim. several years ago I did a similar thing. I was intent on getting extremely lean, and I was training pretty hard to get there. Then it hit me training one day on the mats. I was rolling and all of a sudden I had a dizzy spell, it stuck with me and I couldn't shake it. Then it kept happening when I would start to roll with someone at a higher pace.

I went to the Doc thinking something was really wrong, after lots of tests, they diagnosed me with a Mitral Valve Prolapse. So I took it easy for a week or two, and put a few pounds back on and the dizzy spells went away. What I never understood was the fact that I always had Mitral Valve Prolapse, but it never affected me.. until I got down to a very lean 170.....

Odd phenomenon, but looking back on it, perhaps it could be related to my ultra lean physique. I was very, very lean at the time.

Share |