Share |
Sleep Apnea Killing Young BodyBuilders?

Author

10-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just received a link to a very informative article that certainly makes significant points to consider.

http://moreplatesmoredates.com/sleep...silent-killer/

---John Peterson

Share |

Banned

10-02-2017, 11:26 PM

"Steroids CAN be potentially unhealthy if you don’t use them properly."
And we all know most bodybuilders use them properly. Massive dosages, stacking and never coming off a cycle but just switching drugs so you are always on the gas is common. Is it possible to use illegal drugs properly?

"However, the real danger comes from the side effects that steroids can produce and exasperate if your health isn’t in check."

So steroids produce side effects and that's the danger? It's hard to break out the benefits from the side effects. They are all side effects, just some that folks want and some they don't.

The article does correctly call out the fact that excess weight be it fat or muscle is a detriment to cardiovascular health.

We live in a society with too much free time. Where people get caught up in appearance and being super muscular at the cost of everything else.

Many are like the Billy Cyrstal character on SNL years ago. "Remember, darlings, it's better to look good than to feel good."

Share |

Author

10-03-2017, 07:31 AM

Hello WARE,

I am grateful that you have shared your observations.

You have addressed the contradictions that are at the root of the whole issue.

Here is the point that I want to make. There is a natural limit that every young man can attain and then there is the body that is achievable only through chemical manipulation of one's hormones.

I for one was never interested in developing an unnatural body that could not be built and maintained naturally.

This brings up yet another point. I find it very sad that there are so many young men that automatically begin taking steroids and never give themselves an opportunity to achieve their natural best.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-03-2017, 02:38 PM

A Bruce Lee type build is easily obtainable by even the most genetically challenged individuals using Living Strength methods. That look is admired world wide. Why would anyone want to be obsessed with size first when that is not as obtainable, not as healthy, and not as attractive to the opposite sex?
Mike

Share |

Legacy Member

10-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beasley View Post
Why would anyone want to be obsessed with size first when that is not as obtainable, not as healthy, and not as attractive to the opposite sex?
By no means do I claim this to be the “final” answer. But, I do know that when my brother was on his quest to get “big”, it was for the perceived intimidation factor. He was in his early years as a law enforcement officer, and thought that would benefit him on the job.

I think a lot of it has to do with how extreme a person goes with the premise. It’s one thing to gain some size, but something entirely different if you get so big you can’t dress yourself.

Rob

Share |

Banned

10-04-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post

Here is the point that I want to make. There is a natural limit that every young man can attain and then there is the body that is achievable only through chemical manipulation of one's hormones.
Well stated. It's obvious but easily overlooked. The ethics around genetic engineering that will be here soon will have to wrestle with questions like that. It's one thing to cure a disease genetically but quite another to make super athletes.

Just like negative side effects I'm sure we'll discover some downsides to genetic engineering.

I hope this doesn't lead the discussion off too much on a tangent

Share |

Banned

10-04-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt View Post
But, I do know that when my brother was on his quest to get “big”, it was for the perceived intimidation factor. He was in his early years as a law enforcement officer, and thought that would benefit him on the job..
I do remember reading an article long ago in Time or Newsweek or similar when 'roid rage became a mainstream term.

In the article there were some quotes from a convict who had committed crime and was blaming 'roid rage. He stated he started lifting and juicing because he figured if he could get to 300lbs and it was all muscles then the cops wouldn't "F" with him.

Your brother was probably more intimidating to the average law abiding citizen than the real criminals. They think more in terns of the end justifies the means and what happens in between is just collateral damage that doesn't matter.

Share |