Share |
handstand-push-ups and nose bleeding

05-10-2009, 02:04 AM

Hello Everyone,

When doing handstand-push-ups (against a wall) in my workouts my nose starts bleeding heavily. This might not happen in the first workout but after doing them for about the 4th workout. (I train upper body on mondays/thursdays and lower body on tuesdays/fridays. So this might then be in the 2nd week.) When this happens I can't get into a handstand for at least a week as my nose would then immediately start bleeding again.
Is this just due to "weak blood vessels" or could this be caused by "wrong" technique? Due to this problem I didn't do any handstand-push-ups for months. (I could do about 4-8 per set.)
BTW: Will the new "Balance Of Power" book be available through amazon.com anytime soon?

PS: I'm about 25 years old, 81kg (~180lbs), 182cm (~6 feet).
I train 4/week with the goal of gaining overall muscle mass and strength. I use Transformetrics exercises every now and then during the day and to a large extent in my workouts. (But I don't use them exclusively in my workouts.)

Share |

Legacy Member

05-10-2009, 06:51 AM

Spid,

See a doctor.

-Joe

Share |

Author

05-10-2009, 07:44 AM

Hello Spid,

STOP! Don't even think of doing Handstands or Handstand Push-Ups. YOU MUST arrange to see a doctor immediately. I'm guessing that at the very least you have untreated Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) and at this point you are fortunate that you did not suffer a stroke (cerebral hemorrhage) instead of just a nosebleed. Seriously Spid, at least until your doctor has diagnosed the cause, do not perform any more inverted exercises.

Also, I have no intention of making my Handbalancing Book Available on Amazon until my New Push-Up book is finished and available there as well. I am working hard on that and it is in it's final stages. I will be making my availability announcement in the near future.

---John Peterson

Share |

05-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the answers.
Then I'll stay away from inverted exercises till I know more about it.

Share |

Tags
handstand, handstand push-up, nose bleeding