Isometric Weightlifting Routine
1. Wide Grip Pullup/Machine Pull Down
2. Bench Press
3. Squat
4. Curl
5. Military Press
6. Rows
7. Deadlift

I use 10/12 reps and 2 sets, usually 3 times per week, sometimes 4.

These exercises are DVR, Isometric Powerflexing; as a boy I learned this method. In the "Chi Mind Control" book it shows the method and in the "Dynamic Strength" book (copyright 1990) it was shown; Others have taught the method. I use it for exercise, sometimes use a five foot oak figthing staff as a barbell and oak wooden foot rollers as dumbbells. Rather then use weights I use this and it works just as well or better. Not much talk online about the Method, it is a lot easier then going to a Gym and no equipment needed.

I'll be adding more.

Last edited by MikeNY; 08-06-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: PS

Share |

Banned

08-22-2017, 07:30 PM

A good source for all weight lifting exercises and also routines for bodybuilding and most sports is "Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl. You can develop your own routines, and there are many great routines for most sports as well as fitness and body building in this book. Enjoy.

PS: I am not advocating weigtlifting, in fact I am against it! This book is a manual that teaches the exercises with routines for fitness, sports, everyday life that is to be done Isometriclly (DVR, Isometric Powerflexing style). This is what professional Boxers learned in the 1950s for development and it works better then weight lifting. I have friend's that lifted, all were injured in the end.

Last edited by MikeNY; 08-23-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Edit

Share |

Banned

09-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Isometric Power Flexing is the perfect way to exercise. I first learned te method as a teen when I bought the Dynaflex Course. I thought it was a great course, illustrated with cartoons, and had never seen the edition with potos until John Peterson posted it on this site. Now it was very poorly written and not good for much, but I figured it out! Now John Peterson's book *Isometric Power Revolution is well written and easy to understand and use! Be smart and get that book.

Isometric Power Flexing will help you!

Share |