Share |
The Power of Belief...

Author

05-29-2019, 04:37 PM

Hello Friends,

I have often been asked about the effectiveness of Isometric Contraction by itself to build and sculpt an exceptional physique without performing any additional exercises with or without apparatus and the answer is a very affirmative YES!!! YOU CAN!!!

I had actually discussed this question several times with Coach James Baley and he assured me that he knew several men that had developed exceptional physiques with nothing more than power belt Isometrics. In fact, he told me about one young man that trained 20 minutes each day with isometrics that had actually won a physique contest on a dare by a friend of his that lifted weights but that would not enter the physique contest unless the Isometrically trained man participated. The Isometrically trained man won the contest placing first and his friend took third. Coach Baley did say that the man in question was very well built naturally but that Isometrics put the finishing touches on the man's physique. As Coach Baley stated, "Chuck looked like an anatomy chart when he won that contest and I think he could have won a great many contests if he decided to take it up as a hobby."

So how about it. How far can Isometrics take you?

When It comes to answering this question about whether or not Isometrics (or any other system of exercise) can create exceptional physical development I can't help but believe that it ultimately comes down to whether or not YOU believe it can. If you do then the answer is YES! Absolutely. And this is something my friend Soloman Josefovits states without the slightest hesitation because HE has experienced it first hand.

Now as relates to what we are discussing I believe that the power of your personal belief has as much to do with the results you achieve as does the exercise itself.

Quote:
Consider:

Mr. Wright

As reported by Bruno Klopfer in the Journal of Projective Techniques in 1957, Dr. Philip West was treating Mr. Wright, who had an advanced cancer called lymphosarcoma.

All treatments had failed, and time was running out. Mr. Wright’s neck, chest, abdomen, armpits, and groin were filled with tumors the size of oranges, his spleen and liver were enlarged, and his cancer was causing his chest to fill up with two quarts of milky fluid every day, which had to be drained in order for him to breathe. Dr. West didn’t expect him to last another week.

But Mr. Wright desperately wanted to live, and he hung his hope on a promising new drug called Krebiozen. He begged Dr. West to treat him with the new drug, but the drug was only being offered in clinical trials to people who were believed to have at least three months left to live. Mr. Wright was too sick to qualify.

But Mr. Wright didn’t give up. Knowing the drug existed and believing the drug would be his miracle cure, he begged Dr. West until the doctor reluctantly gave in and injected him with Krebiozen on a Friday.

To his utter shock, the following Monday, Dr. West found Mr. Wright walking around joking with nurses. Mr. Wright’s “tumor masses had melted like snowballs on a hot stove” and were half their original size. Ten days from the first injection of Krebiozen, Mr. Wright left the hospital, apparently cancer free.

Mr. Wright was praising Krebiozen as a miracle drug for two months until the scientific literature began reporting that Krebiozen didn’t seem to be effective. Mr. Wright, who trusted what he read in the literature, fell into a deep depression, and his cancer came back with a vengeance.

This time, Dr. West, who genuinely wanted to help save Mr. Wright's life, decided to intentionally lie. He told Mr. Wright — that some of the initial supplies of the drug had deteriorated on standing, making them less effective, but that he received a new batch of highly concentrated, double potency, ultra-pure Krebiozen, which he could give him. (Of course, this was a bald-faced lie.)

Dr. West then injected Mr. Wright with nothing but fresh water and nothing more. And a seemingly miraculous thing happened — again. The tumors melted away, the fluid in his chest disappeared, and Mr. Wright was feeling great again for another two months.

Then the American Medical Association blew it by announcing that a nationwide study of Krebiozen proved that the drug was utterly worthless. This time, Mr. Wright lost all faith in his treatment. His cancer came back, and he died two days later.

Bottom line: If YOU believe in what YOU are doing YOU will get results.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

05-30-2019, 08:45 AM

John,

I couldn’t agree with you more.

The mind controls things, period. If we hold an honest and sincere belief in something, it can be as good as fact in many cases.

I have a friend, and senior Hap Ki Do instructor, who been fighting prostate cancer, which has now gone metastatic for some time. He was originally given 18-24 months, and is now on at least year five. Honestly, I’ve lost track. He does what he can when he can, and keeps pushing forward. I’m sure the busy-ness of keeping up with his teenage son has helped

If we believe we are sick, we often will be.

If we believe we are healthy and strong, and include the necessary actions, our body will follow suit.

Rob

Share |