Share |
Dusted off my copy of GUTS

Legacy Member

07-04-2014, 11:48 AM

I haven't....seriously Have Not....performed a tiger bend squat in over 3 yrs. just haven't done it
I dusted off my GUTS book this week. My 1st workout, I perform Tim Allen's version of a GUTS primer. Where you take max # divide by 2 ( or 4 for squats ) and add 5 . Anyway... Look up the thread if your interested. But today , went after it. I also have concentrated on Atlas 3 p/us on over 2 yeRs. I'll sprinkle them in here and there... But nothing that I set a workout to. Today went after GUTS. Didn't do the full workout but tried to stay within the allotted timing
Atlas 3- 1st set: 37 in min
Sit-ups. I did crunches. The full Atlas sit up hurts my back. But did 100 crunches and moved my feet to the PYTP various positions
TBS: did. 175 in the 12 min. These need full time attention
Crunches: 100 of PYTP positions
Atlas 3- 42 for 2nd set in 1 min
Milo : as prescribed. 20/15

Great workout this morning. Great sweat and 6 hrs later still feel it. Gonna rest Sat and give it a go on Sun again

Happy 4th

Share |

Legacy Member

07-04-2014, 03:24 PM

Cool workout Rez. G.U.T.S. is one I dust off periodically to see if I can still do it.

Greg

Share |

Legacy Member

07-04-2014, 05:56 PM

Thanks Greg. Again. Just came to me to start GUTS again earlier this week. The TBS need attention and I really have got to work into these at a different pace. These take coordination of breathing and timing of the physical movement. God bless the man (or woman) that can just jump into them after 3 years and say, " Hells bells... I can rip off 300 in 12 mins...nothing to it ". I 'd love to shake their hand .

Share |

07-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Isorez, great to hear from you again. I remember you as the pushup man posting on the old website. You truly inspired me by your dedication to body-weight exercises. Keep up the good work!

Share |

Legacy Member

07-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Hank ! Great to see you posting and great to hear from you.
For those who might be new... Power hank is a TBS 'dynamo'. And posts some fantastic workouts with some wicked -solid times for his completions. A true FMT workout warrior .
Hank.... I plan on 'doing my best ' to be a regular on this part of the forum

Share |

Legacy Member

07-07-2014, 05:38 AM

7-7:
A3=40
Crunches= 100 PYTP
TBS=200 in 12 min ( improvement )
Crunches= 100
A3=40
Milo=20/15

Real humid here this morning. Hard to get breathing rhythm correct
Still sweating 1/2 hr after completing
Going to try to stick to a Mon-Wed-Fri of GUTS

Last edited by isorez; 07-07-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Share |

Legacy Member

07-11-2014, 08:20 AM

did a countdown workout...
I used to do these a long time ago and post them I think it was back on the old forum

I've been reading a lot of posts on the WPT's so I took mine back out

I used to do pushups, squats and crunches.

Getting back into GUTS...I've been attempting the full range Atlas sit ups. I've gotten used to them again so this is what I did

25 down to 1 on TBS then immediately supersetted with
15 down to 1 WPT....then 5 sets of 5....then 4..3..2..1 to coincide with the 5/4/3/2/1 from the squats (if this makes sense) and then
15 down to 1 full range Atlas sit ups....then 5 sets of 5....then 4..3..2..1 to coincide with the 5/4/3/2/1 from the squat and to match the WPT reps, too (if this makes sense)

Overall 325 TBS
160 WPT p/u's
160 full range Atlas sit ups

Just a continuous 3 exercise workout...25 rounds ...round after round doing a countdown.

I was spent. 48 min workout. I took a picture to show the sweat stain on the grey t-shirt...but nobody needs to see that....so I'll just keep it myself.........

Last edited by isorez; 07-11-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Share |

07-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Wow Isorez,

Sounds like an awesome workout!

How was your heart rate during the 48 minutes?

ChuckH

Share |

Legacy Member

07-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Thanks, Chuck.
Yeah...one thing I didn't bring downstairs with me...my HRM.
By the time I thought of it...I was 4 rounds into the workout with the top numbers and didn't want to stop. I would guess as I progressed by the time I was halfway through that I was in the 140 - 150 or so....I know it was up there just given the way I was feeling and knowing my workouts.....I've gotta add...I was sweating so much that my grip was getting challenged again and again. I have the hammer stone finish too...but it was getting rough to hold onto the WPT's at the end.

Last edited by isorez; 07-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Share |

07-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Isorez,

I figured your heart was up there in a training range! My HRM is on my wrist. I know when I'm sweating the most and my heart rate is the highest, that's the hardest time to get a reading!

That's a great workout. Congratulations.

Chuck

Share |