Share |
Johns Quote On Why He Does Pull-ups

12-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Hey Guys

Johns quote is pretty spot on:

"I do it because it makes me feel good about me. It tells me that I am the man in control of myself the level of personal self mastery I have and how strong and fit I am compared to other men.

I think this sums up for many of us why we bust out all these reps and workouts.

Great quote John. Hope you don't mind me posting this but it sure defines me to a tee.

Monty

Share |

12-18-2009, 09:06 AM

anyone, anyone, bueller ,bueller,

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Hey Monty, maybe there's nothing left to be said?

One reason reason I do a lot of my training is to accomplish self mastery. I enjoy being able to move my body around and perform feats that others can't. But primarily I train to feel well. When I was out of shape I just felt terrible 90% of the time. Feeling great all the time is more important to me than being able to out do anyone.

-Joe

Share |

Author

12-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Monty & Joe,

I'm honored. I could not agree with you more. The three of us train for two very good reasons. One, how it makes us feel physically. There is something really great about feeling great all the time. And two, how it makes us feel about ourselves. There is something about self mastery and reliance on no other man for anything besides friendship that is so totally empowering. It completes us as human beings and makes us capable of reaching out and helping to elevate others so that they too can discover their own best way.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

I agree. When I workout and train I feel good. Not just physically, but mentally an emotionaly. Even my wife will tell you that if I skip more than two days of workouts, she can tell a difference.

Share |

Author

12-18-2009, 05:31 PM

Hey Friends,

The Neuro-Muscular method of self transformation and self reliance that we teach and endorse becomes it's own self fulfilling prophecy. Feeling great physically while also feeling great about yourself on the inside without having to rely on anyone to tell you what or how to do it is extremely rewarding. Example:nobody becomes a master at Pull-Ups or the methods we teach without having learned how to push himself out of his comfort zone and becoming totally comfortable in the act of doing so. Contradiction in terms? Not at all. You literally have to learn how to embrace and be comfortable with discomfort in order to strengthen yourself mentally, physically. and spiritually. Think about it. You will never go from 12 to 25 Pull-Ups if you are not willing to push past your comfort zone and to do so on a frequent basis. That is the way of Self Mastery. It always has been.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-18-2009, 05:48 PM

Hey Guys ,
Thanks for responding, some great points made here. I think when a person continues to get out of their comfort zone in a reasonable manner the self confidence goes off the charts.
It is something I see in some of my athletes after a couple years of some good training, they have a quiet confidence about them. It is pretty great to watch. You also see this with those in the Military after boot-camp when they come home on leave, they have changed for the better and I know a lot of it is due to the hard efforts and overcoming adversity.

Without struggle or a challenge we just do not grow no matter what part of our life gets challenged.
This could take place either emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Monty

Share |

Tags
john peterson, pull-ups