Share |
Forum business: Why we do what we do and how to undo what we did to you

Legacy Member

02-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Hey everyone,

One of the most bizarre and annoying aspects of the internet is the culture of anonymity where people think they can say anything they want. Stuff they would never dream of saying to someone’s face, they feel perfectly comfortable posting up for all the world to see. Part of this is the fact that these kinds of folks have a real need to gang up on people and actually post multiple times under different screen names.

Our goal with this site is create the most positive fitness experience possible on the internet. We don’t allow name calling, back handed complements, flaming, or any other kind of “cyber bullying”. We just don’t allow it, period.

In order to achieve this goal we do take a proactive approach to users, particularly new ones. If someone joins the forum for the sole purpose of being a contradictory jackass, we simply get rid of them. We also have several technological screening tools that send up red flags on new users and we often act preemptively with them. 9 times out of 10, when we catch someone preemptively, it’s because they’re one of these people who like to pretend to be someone else. They often try to use very unsophisticated internet anonymizing websites which are actually very, very easy to spot.

Why do a handful of whackjobs try day after day to post on our site by pretending to be someone else? Brother, I wish I can tell you. All I can figure is living in the mother’s basement is boring and they’ve already scanned the personal ads on craigslist so they just have a lot of free time to kill.

With that said, I mentioned that we are correct 9 out of 10 times, but every now and then we have banned a legitimate new user by mistake. Whenever that happens, all you have to do is give John a call and he’ll clear it right up. You can also give me a call if you’ve been banned and would like the ban lifted. My number is 304-444-6282

-Joe

Last edited by JoeJustice; 02-03-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: typos

Share |

Author

02-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Hey Joe,

Thank You! That was a Great Post Joe! Any time that we are wrong about banning someone I want to know about it. I have made mistakes in the past and have acknowledged making them and have reinstated members that have proven themselves to be great participants. BUT all along, even when I made mistakes our goal was and is to protect our participants.

Still, I'm in total agreement Joe. I totally agree that if someone comes to our forum with a serious attitude problem or thinks he is a "know it all" that he will be banned immediately. No exceptions. Also, I'm a Minister of the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ and I will not allow profanity of any kind or putting down another person to happen on our forum. Our goal is to make our forum the most participant friendly forum on the internet. I will not allow disrespect or ridiculing of any kind. In fact, we all know that there are some very sick and twisted people that used to be allowed to participate on this forum. They were here to cause trouble. They would try to argue with me about Charles Atlas lifting weights, Alois P. Swoboda, and any number of stupid things they would try to dream up.

Want an example? There is one man that wrote a review on amazon recently denouncing me and saying that like Charles Atlas I developed my physique by lifting weights as have many of the men that are on our forum. Bull Roar! I have never been a weight trainer and I have never said that someone could not train with weights. All I have done is to make it perfectly clear that I don't need or use weights and never have and that my methods don't require weights and that weights are not a topic of discussion on our forum, END OF DISCUSSION. The man in question tried several times under various aliases to be a participant of this forum and was banned and removed each time. He mentions this in his denouncement of me. Another man has done the same thing and whines that I try to be sure that participants of this forum are worthy. Well guess what? He's right! I don't want participants that are jerks to be on this forum. He tells people that he has all of my books and they should never buy books that I have written. Well I've got news friends. Many of you know the truth. You can support me if you want but you certainly are not required to. This also brings up another point. On this forum you can feel free to use your real name and be proud of it and not feel that you must hide behind an alias as on other forums where people are allowed to be rude, obnoxious, and ridicule each other. I know that many of you do use aliases and that's OK because you're trying to protect your real identity from some of the Wile E Coyotes. But just know that when you're here you don't have to and nobody is going to ridicule you.

Here's the deal. What I teach is the ultimate way to life long, self directed, pain-free strength and fitness. No Brag, Just fact! We have the proof. More and more people have discovered this and when they apply themselves to Transformetrics they are blown away by the results. G.U.T.S. is a perfect example. And from G.U.T.S. forward every book I write will have realistic set and repetition schemes written into each exercise for 1) physical culturists that are interested only in being in shape, 2) athletes that want an edge and 3) Super advanced "Tough As Nails" men that want a challenge... In addition to new books and DVDs look for our NEW Transdermal Cutting Edge Supplements. These include T-7 all natural Testosterone Booster, HGH-7 Human Growth Hormone Activator, Virility 10 Enhanced Virility release (If your wife takes it away don't blame me) Rugged For Men Coenzyme Q10 Facial Rejuvenator that stimulates collagen production and has six times the level of heart healthy CoQ10 of any supplement of it's type. You'll see in my new pictures and video that I look years younger today than I did just a year ago as a result of this supplement that I use daily.

---John Peterson
P.S. We are also setting up an affiliate program so that anyone that wants can purchase our products at a substantial discount for re-sale, or earn money by directing sales to this site.

Share |

Legacy Member

02-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
P.S. We are also setting up an affiliate program so that anyone that wants can purchase our products at a substantial discount for re-sale, or earn money by directing sales to this site.
Uh oh...

I take it we're going public with the affiliate program we're developing? Let the rain of questions begin!

-Joe

Share |

02-03-2010, 04:50 PM

So Joe, are any of the suppliments vegan or do they all contain animal products? I couldn't very well sell them on http://www.veganrecipeguy.com if they did.
(First question...woot)

Share |

02-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Joe and John great posts. This is a great forum and getting better all of the time. We have a diverse group of motivated and interesting people here and I find participating on the forum a very stimulating and rewarding experience. The communications are great and if someone feels that they have been treated unfairly the possibility is always open to contact one of you or Greg and get the situation corrected. The pests that keep trying to disrupt this site are among the dumbest and most uselss people that I have ever come across - and I have been around. I am sure that with all of the success of Bronze Bow and all of the new product releases even they, with their limited mental abilities, must realize that they have wasted years in their futile efforts. I have come across this personality type before and like all constant loser personality types no matter how difficult it is they will persevere until they find a way to lose in every facit of their lives. It is their destiny and the verification of their negative self images. Let's keep them out and keep the good times rolling here! Gordon

Share |

Legacy Member

02-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Want an example? There is one man that wrote a review on amazon recently denouncing me and saying that like Charles Atlas I developed my physique by lifting weights as have many of the men that are on our forum.
Hey John,

I never looked like I look now from lifting weights. You've seen the pictures, even when I still had a decent build and hadn't got into the 20 rep squat thing full bore.

I read that guy's review, and he is 20 years old, can do handstand pushups without breathing hard like you do (?????), and is a personal trainer. He also posted a pic of himself on his amazon profile. I don't want to be mean, but after seeing his photo I have to shake my head. Sometimes I wish more of your critics would post photos of themselves.

Greg

By the way, here are recent pictures Lori took of me Before a workout. I see how someone would think that I lifted weights to look like this, BUT the only weight I lift is my body weight, and this recent spurt of muscularity in my arms is from specific arm work with the Isometric Powerbelt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Workout 2.JPG (83.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Before Workout 3.JPG (93.9 KB, 31 views)

Share |

Legacy Member

02-03-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Newton View Post
Sometimes I wish more of your critics would post photos of themselves.
Ditto.

-Joe

Share |

02-04-2010, 04:14 AM

Hi Joe & John

I have to agree with both of you on this topic, we all like a bit of debate on a subject matter as this makes an interesting read. But what some people do not realise that they do not have to get personal and not to add any bad language.

We all have a different out look on things, and some times it is nice to air these on Transformetrics site, but think before you print.

All the best.

KEITH JAMES.

Share |

02-04-2010, 04:40 AM

Great Forum, Great People, Great Positive Environment and a Great Thread....God Bless you all!

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Legacy Member

02-04-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I have to agree with both of you on this topic, we all like a bit of debate on a subject matter as this makes an interesting read. But what some people do not realise that they do not have to get personal and not to add any bad language.
Keith,

That is what I don't get. If I disagree with someone I disagree; no big deal. It doesn't become the entire focus of my life and I don't have to slander the person who disagrees with me. People who are secure with themselves and what they do could care less what John Peterson says about weight training. Another thing that I don't get is that if my presence wasn't wanted on a website forum, I sure as heck wouldn't keep trying to come back under assumed names. I'd be more embarrassed than anything else.

Greg

Share |

Tags
forum