Share |
Which Isometrics Did Bruce Lee Do?

Author

02-06-2020, 04:53 PM

Hello Everyone

I've been asked which Isometrics Bruce Lee did. The answer is that I do not know.

No doubt the contractions he used were chosen for the purpose of achieving enhanced speed that would ultimately translate to maximized 'striking power'. In fact, as relates to "speed", there are those that say that Bruce Lee was so fast that his films had to be slowed down in order to be able to observe some of his technique.

Before he hit it big as an actor he was teaching actors like Steve McQueen and James Coburn his own brand of martial arts. At the same time, he made a few enemies among the more traditional martial arts instructors due to the fact that Lee was incorporating non-traditional techniques into his own program.

It's almost hard to believe he died47 years ago.

Now, if any of you know which Isometric Contractions Bruce Lee used please feel free to let us know.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-07-2020, 12:18 AM

I found this describing Bruce Lee's isometric routine : http://www.workoutlikebrucelee.com/b...ining-workout/

Share |

Author

02-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Thank You Steveo81,

I appreciate you placing this link but I don't think that that workout is even remotely a representation of what Bruce Lee actually did.

From everything that I have read about Bruce Lee, he was definitely into an extreme volume of training. In fact, Chuck Norris in his autobiography stated that Bruce Lee simply could not relax. Though he spoke very admirably about Mr. Lee, he did definitely say that he did not seem to be able to relax and seemed to be saying that this may have been part of the reason for his premature death.

---John Peterson

Share |