Share |
Tiger Moves (M7) Experiment

02-27-2009, 08:30 AM

For the past 3 weeks I've been doing an experiment with the Tiger Moves (M7). At the end of the motion I momentarily relax and then quickly "snap" the tension back. JP had suggested something like this in an earlier post. In the past I had always maintained the tension all the way through the set. I was interested in seeing if the on/off tension would bring additional benefit through bursts of blood flow. Here's what I learned...

At low tension I don't think it made a difference.

At medium tension, it felt good. It adds an element of explosiveness to the exercises. After a few days I was able to do more reps at the same tension without tiring out. Was this because the oxygen rich blood was rejuvenating the muscles more? Maybe.

At high tension. Wow! This was a great workout. Everything that medium tension had but with more muscle fatigue, but unlike when I'd keep the tension up the whole time, it seemed the fatigued feeling went away quicker.

Share |

02-27-2009, 10:54 AM

Inertia, Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Share |

Author

02-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Congratulations Inertia!

What you have done is exactly how the old time greats made their discoveries. And because you took it upon yourself to test it, YOU KNOW THAT IT WORKS. By doing so you have taken something from the realm of theory and made it fact!

---John Peterson

Share |

Tags
dvr, tiger moves