Share |
Hindu/Grasshopper Pyramid

10-11-2009, 11:57 AM

So heres a routine i do with some of my training partners (MMA).Alot of conditoning routines are round based so 5 minute rounds with one minute rest.We do all kinds of different things from circuits that hit different body parts to just one hard exercise (say burpees).So usually ill do this for the first round,its not to ballistic so its a good warmup and also it gets the heart rate up and works the upperbody pretty good so it simulates to a degree the fatigue you feel while pummeling for position.

Its pretty simple 1 HP 1 Grasshopper or Moutain Climber.Then 2 and 2.I go at a slower cadence when i do these with a group.I yell down everyone counts out the rep.After all the HP reps are complete i say grasshoppers ready go 1-2 then they yell 1,1-2 they yell 2 etc.By the time we get to 10-11 reps 5 minutes are about up and everyones is moaning and shaking out there arms.I tell everybody to stay in the up position throughout the whole set,if they have to i let them keep weight on one arm and shake out your other arm.It builds mental toughness to stay on your hands the whole time.

Try it out and tell me what you think.

Share |

Legacy Member

10-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Shane,

Glad to see grasshoppers mentioned great exercise. Have you tried doing them on the Ts or just elevated slightly on some cinder blocks or medicine balls?

GB

Share |