Share |
Watch This...I Don't See Her as Anti- God

Author

03-31-2019, 07:45 PM

Hello My Friends,

I was sent the video clip below by a minister friend (Perry) that I have known for more than 20 years. He is beside himself because his 17-year-old daughter had sent him this same clip and told him that she hates being forced to go to church and to pretend to be something that she is not. He said to me, "John, she attends Minnehaha Academy, one of the finest Christian schools in Minnesota, and tells me that she and the majority of her friends no longer believe anything they have been taught in church. How would you respond?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNfFmNuaIvI

My response: Perry, I watched the entire clip and thought that the young lady that made clip was not nearly as anti-God as you seem to think. My take is that she was completely honest about what her experience of life has been to this point. Your daughter may be experiencing a crisis in her faith because she may be questioning the veracity of what she has been taught to believe. That being the case my recommendation is to give her the space she needs to discover true faith on her own. I went through a period of time in my own life in which I too doubted or at least questioned the veracity of what I had been taught because I wanted to know why I believed what I believed. After all, when you really get down to it, as far as the majority of the world is concerned, the Christian faith is based in believing the impossible. The bottom line as I see it is not that your daughter is rebelling but that she is asking honest questions that deserve honest answers. Truth to tell, I think everyone should question what they believe in order to discover why they believe it. You've taught your daughter as best you can and now its time for her to discover the foundation of her own faith. This is the time that you need to practice what you preach and ask God to bless her and to bring her to a knowledge of the truth. One other thing Perry, you might consider the following that I have often shared with friends on my forum.

Quote:
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

My friends, what are your thoughts? How would you respond? I look forward to reading your responses.

---John Peterson

Share |

03-31-2019, 08:33 PM

Have her go directly to God and avoid intermediaries. Put people directly in contact with God through private prayer.

Mathew 6:5-6

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Share |

04-01-2019, 10:35 AM

As a Dad that has experienced this myself the best thing he can do is tell his daughter how much he loves her, unconditionally. Many religious schools make God look like an evil dictator because they just do not know the Bible. See too many parents set expectations on their kids and when that changes then the parent treats the kid unlovingly. It based on condition. I think religion or man made doctrine like many religions stick to their doctrine and legalism. This is a turn off for many including myself. What most religions say God does, he does not, what they say he does not do, he does.

Unconditional love is the answer in this situation why, because God is all love and light and in him is no darkness at all.

Monty

Share |