Share |
Thyroid question?

Banned

02-01-2011, 05:49 PM

I talked to a lady I know that is overwieght last night.I gave her some diet advice and some exercise suggestions.She is a diabetic and has a thyroid problem.Her diet is pretty bad but see wants to change for the better of her health.So you know I older by 15 years and she asked me for advice.

I know the thyriod gland secretes a hormone that regulates growth.She takes medicine for it,personally I don't like to take medicine.Is there anything I could tell her to do or take?Is it possible for someone with a thyriod problem to lose wieght and keep it off?

Share |

Author

02-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Hey Michael,

My friend you have the thyroid mixed up with the pituitary gland and it's easy to see why. The pituitary gland is very small, about the size of a pea and can be considered the master gland. The pituitary gland controls several other hormonal glands in your body and specifically regulates body growth. These other glands include thyroid, ovaries and testicles.

The thyroid gland regulates the metabolism by its production of the thyroid hormones T3 and T4... which, in turn, regulate energy levels, body temperature and weight (which is why low basal body temperatures, sluggishness or fatigue and weight gain are a good indicator of suppressed thyroid function).

Now, having stated the above, In just one more week my friend KC Craichy's book, "The Super Health Diet" will be available. In that book KC delivers the most insightful treatment i have ever read on the importance of hormones in maintaining optimal health, strength, and metabolism. This is the book your friend needs to read.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Hey Michael,

Depending on her thyroid condition, her medicine may be very necessary, if not mandatory. If she suffers from hypothyroidism (where the thyroid has a diminished function) the only medication for that is exogenous thyroid hormone. As John stated, your body requires a certain amount of T3 and T4 to PROPERLY regulate metabolism, and it very much a thing of balance. Too little hormone and the body can't maintain healthy metabolism or stable weight. Too much thyroid hormone in diseases that causes hyperthyroidism (overfunction of the thyroid gland) and the body can actually upregulate metabolism to a point where it wastes away on itself, not to mention it can cause anxiety and heart problems.

Having said this, once your friend has been treated to a point where her thyroid serum levels reach a normal balance the proper diet and exercise will enable her to manage her own health and fitness in a healthy way, provided that she keeps her glucose and insulin levels in check (these are CRUCIAL for optimal health, fitness, and any body transforming results). I know many fear pills, and I also believe some of them are very over prescribed, but managing thyroid hormone is a medical condition that is usually very well managed after medications are balanced out.

For wisdom and truth,

powerflextrainee

Share |