Share |
The Push-Up & Upper Body Development

Author

09-20-2019, 07:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from a man that purchased "Ultimate Push-Ups for the Awesome Physique". He was totally inspired by the Jack King story and took it upon himself to duplicate Jack's twice-weekly high volume workouts. He tells me that his results have been far beyond anything else he has ever done in terms of sculpting and shaping his upper body while slimming his waistline. Many people have complimented him on his exceptional development and have even told him he looks like someone competes in physique contests. hen asked how he became so well developed he responds, "I've been a lot of Push-Ups and everyone assumes that he is joking. He's not. Now that he's been at it for more than a year he wonders what I would recommend in order to take his development further.

My Response: You have stated that you have put your feet on a chair with palms on the floor and can perform fast sets of 100 or more reps just as Jack King did his. At this point, it would be advantageous for you to elevate your hands on low boxes and your feet higher so that you maintain the same 18" differential between feet and hands but you would be able to increase the range of motion by several inches and this would allow you to stretch your pectoral, back and deltoid muscles to an incredible extent and doing so will increase lung capacity as well as strength and flexibility. BUT be reasonable about it and don't expect to do as many reps as you were before when you were performing a shorter range of motion. Once you have accomplished as much as you can with the high volume sets you may want to begin using a weight vest that would restrict you to sets of about 15 to 20 reps. You won't want to do fewer than 15 to 20 reps per set because you'll want to have the benefit of a greatly expanded lung capacity which Dr. Morehouse stated was best accomplished with sets that were very taxing in the range of 15 to 20 reps. Once you can perform 5 sets of 20 reps on all 5 sets that will mean you are probably performing 25 consecutive reps on your first two sets and that is when you will increase the resistance so that you are at 15 to 20 reps again. Eventually, you'll get up to 15 to 20 reps with 30 pounds or more and let me just say that if you ever get to 5 sets of 20 with 50 pounds you will be among the strongest and best-conditioned men on this planet. I realize 50 pounds sounds light but I challenge anyone to do it.

---John Peterson

Share |