Share |
You Have a Right to Change Your Opinion

Author

12-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked about whether or not I hold the same opinions about certain things that I once held and the answer is that WE ALL have the right to change opinions when we are presented with better or more complete information that proves to be enlightening.

The one thing I am asked about is if I am adamantly against weight lifting and the answer is, "NO" but I never have been.

True, I have always followed methods that have not relied on weights but I have always been a fan of resistance training and whether or not you're willing to admit it, Push-UPs, Pull-Ups, Squats, Dynamic Virtual Resistance and Isometrics are ALL forms of resistance training. If you really look back at what I have said for the past 17 years it has always been that I take exception to weights being the only way to becoming strong and well developed and there is no way that I will ever go along with that. And the truth is that during my discussions with Jack King who had experienced many debilitating injuries he did tell me that he felt it was inevitable that someone would get injured if they were always pushing themselves to the edge of their capacity.

On the other hand, if someone enjoys weight lifting and is sensible about how he trains and doesn't constantly push to lift heavier and heavier I don't see where there is a problem. Once again, I personally like the idea of not having to rely on equipment or to have to go somewhere to train. Seriously, there is something really nice about having the "Know-How" to not have to rely on anyone or anything else.

Let me also share the following from Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.

Quote:
“For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise.”

---John Peterson

Share |