Share |
Spring Training: Is the thrill gone?

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 08:09 AM

The Spring Into Transformetrics Challenge has been on for three weeks now. So is the thrill gone?

How many of you have said, “Okay this is my chance, this contest will give me the shot in the arm I need! First thing Monday morning, I’m going to start hitting it hard!” Then life got in the way and you said, “Well okay, NEXT Monday I’m really going to get started.” Again, life got in the way and now you’re saying, “Well, I’ve almost lost a month now, so what’s the point?”

I don’t need a show of hands. I know one or two (or a lot more) have had this happen. Well, to hell with that attitude! Drop it and drop it right now, and while you’re at it, drop and give me 20 push-ups!!

There’s no better place than here and no better time than now. There is PLENTY of time left and this early on is the critical stage.

I’ll admit I was a little disappointed when I posted my Off To The Races thread and just three people come forward to talk about being in the contest. That’s a problem. If you’re not willing to go public with the change in your lifestyle, how well are you really doing with it privately? I say, step out and be counted. Go public with your goals, your trials and your tribulations.

I’m speaking from experience here.

If you’re having a problem with motivation, talk about it on the forum. If you’re unsure of something, ask questions. If you need accountability, post your pics. You will be rewarded for it by all of the great folks here giving you encouragement!

-Joe

P.S. As always, if you would like to post your pic but maintain your privacy, let me know and I’ll crop or blur your face for you.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Weeeellll, I don't want to call anyone out.... actually, I guess I do!

larryrm, don't sweat it for a second! You don't need to feel nervous. If you don't want to send a pictures, that's fine, but don't be afraid to come forward and talk about your goals. I can assure you that you'll receive only positive and supportive feedback on this site.

TM, all well and good, whatever works for you is great!

-Joe

Share |

03-22-2010, 12:05 PM

My motivation has stayed strong; doing my best to win this thing! I'm not sure how much I'm changing aesthetically but I know I've gotten stronger.

Everyone in my house has the sniffles and the last couple days I've felt less than 100% but no excuses. I'll shake it and double my efforts.

Embrace the challenge. Refuse to fail.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Hey Joe,

Spring hasn't really sprung yet. We had a taste of nice weather a few days ago, and now we are under another winter storm watch. I'm ready for sunshine myself. But, the point is, some may not have started yet because the weather is waffling. I feel better in the Spring and Summer. I am not much of a cold weather person. It also shows in my energy levels. Others may be the same.

Greg

Share |

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 01:39 PM

You know what, Newton? You should drop and give me 20 just for giving others an excuse!! "Oooohhh, it's too cold, I can't workout."

Then it's gonna be, "Well, I lost a whole month because of the cold, so what's the point in starting now?" Better get the training in while the gettin's good! Only two more months left in the Challenge, so using the weather as an excuse ain't gonna cut it!

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 01:43 PM

Well,

At least you realized I wasn't making an excuse. LOL

BYW,

I've been outdoors chinning for the last few weeks. I can't let you hog all the fun.

Greg

Last edited by Greg Newton; 03-22-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Thanks JC,

You're a pal!

Share |

03-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Alright! Fine! I took two weeks off because of a 'cold', and I had that paper to do and. . . .

Back on track now though. I've also been adding in lots of hanging leg-raises and close-grip pull/chin-ups. Yikes! Those leg-raises are hard!

Great thread as usual, Joe!

Robert

Share |

03-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Well guys, I am a Greg Newton and Joe Justice fan. So Joe won't get his feelings hurt, I just dropped and did 30 for Joe's team! I can't get all dirty and sweaty so when I get back I will do 40 for Greg's team. I got to take the church ladies to a yard sale. When Katie heard that I was a Greg fan, she said she was a Joe fan and would drop and do some for him when we get back. I will post the results later so stay tuned!

Aaron

Share |

03-23-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJustice View Post
You know what, Newton? You should drop and give me 20 just for giving others an excuse!! "Oooohhh, it's too cold, I can't workout."

Then it's gonna be, "Well, I lost a whole month because of the cold, so what's the point in starting now?" Better get the training in while the gettin's good! Only two more months left in the Challenge, so using the weather as an excuse ain't gonna cut it!

-Joe
Don't mess with the Sheriff!!
He is the LAW.

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Tags
challenge, competition, spring training