Share |
Obama's New National Security Force: Obama compared to Hitler: article

11-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Alan, Hopefully those allegations aren't true,but no doubt emotions are running high. I think a lot it of it has to do with the state of the economy. Most people that I know on both sides say the election is over and wish our President Elect good luck. Gordon

Share |

Legacy Member

11-17-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy62 View Post
Alan, Hopefully those allegations aren't true,but no doubt emotions are running high. I think a lot it of it has to do with the state of the economy. Most people that I know on both sides say the election is over and wish our President Elect good luck. Gordon
Hi Gordon,

You are quite correct. Thanks for the points you made.

This is the time to be rational. For my part, I'm willing to wait to see what happens. There certainly are some people on this very forum who vehemently disagree with me, but they limit themselves to debating me while showing obvious respect for me.

That's what's wanted most of all. We need to listen to each other, learn from each other, and be courageous in the face of very difficult and as-yet unimagined trials ahead.

It is said that the Chinese have an old curse, "May you live in interesting times." We certainly do live in interesting times.

The ancient Greek playwright famously said, "He whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad," the word "mad" in this context meaning crazy. Above all, we need to behave rationality and avoid the madness of baseless paranoia, race hate, mindless prejudice, black-and-white thinking, and bigotry and intolerance of every sort.

I have a very busy week coming up, and I may not get a chance to post much. But all my brothers and sisters on this forum will be in my thoughts.

Regards,

Alan

Share |

Legacy Member

11-17-2008, 10:55 AM

Hi Gordon and all,

Here's another story from the Christian Science Monitor called After Obama's win, white backlash festers in US.

A picture accompanies this article. The picture is that of a man implicated in a Ku Klux Klan murder.

Regards,

Alan

Share |

Banned

11-18-2008, 01:04 AM

removed by author

Last edited by MikeNY; 12-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Share |

Banned

11-18-2008, 10:36 AM

removed by author

Last edited by MikeNY; 12-27-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Share |