Share |
Finding Reliable Sources of Information

Author

09-09-2020, 04:11 PM

Hello Friends,

We all want to believe that we are surrounding ourselves with reliable sources of information. Unfortunately, the sources of truly reliable information are few and far between in the year 2020. This is especially true as relates to the mainstream media. That is why I have turned almost exclusively to the alternative media to try and discover the truth about any given topic. I mention this because of an e-mail I received from a friend that reads as follows...

Quote:
I was hoping you could point me in the right direction on something.

My doctor has suggested that I try IF (intermittent fasting) in order to control blood sugar and weight. Given our family’s schedule, and per the doctor’s recommendation, we decided I should stop eating past 8 pm, and skip a “traditional” breakfast, only drinking coffee or tea. So, I don’t consume and “fuel” until about 9:30 am. Then, it’s just a small bag of nuts.

I’ve experimented with “bulletproof” coffee, only adding a tablespoon of coconut oil. I was trying to find out if adding a touch of half & half or even whipping cream is considered breaking the fast. However, for every online “source” I find that says yes, I find another that says no.

Could you please direct me to a reliable source of the dos and don’ts of fasting?

Thank you.

Let me just state that he is 100% spot-on correct. These days there is more contradiction relating to health, diet and exercise than at any time I can remember. As relates to the use of fats and particularly cream I personally have studied this issue for years and have been using full fat cream for many years. I never use half and half. For example, I use real cream for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mangoes, and peaches. And though I almost never use cream in my coffee, the fact is that if I do, I use the real thing and not half and half. One of the reasons that I use the full-fat variety is because for the past several years I have been researching everything I can about natural hormone enhancement via diet and exercise and I know that our bodies manufacture hormones from the fats we consume. The trouble as relates to health is not the natural sources of FAT that we consume but rather the unnatural ones that combine high concentrations of sugars and fats together. In other words, pies, cakes, pastries, cookies, candies, and deserts of all types.

For example, you could consume a huge bowl of blueberries with real cream (something I really enjoy) and NOT be elevating your blood sugar and triggering a strong insulin response. In fact, you'd be fueling yourself with power foods yielding a combination of super high nutrients. Yet, if you were to have a large bowl of commercial ice cream that has high concentrations of both refined sugar and fat on a daily basis the chances are very high that you would increase the possibility for experiencing just about every negative health condition you can imagine and become very fat in the process.

Consider: Back forty-plus years ago in the late 1970s, I was running a lot of marathons and even ultra-marathons. Back then I knew a guy that averaged 15 miles or more daily (more than 100 miles weekly) and his favorite food was a quart of Baskin-Robbins 'Jamoca Almond Fudge Ice Cream'. Jake literally believed that he could eat this daily every day because he was running more than 100 miles each week. BUT he became a very skinny fat guy with a great deal of loose fat on his abs, sides, and lower back. His obsessive running left him almost no time for strength training and as a result, he was piling on the fat while depleting his testosterone and muscle mass on his arms and upper body. My whole point is that regardless of what anyone says you need to test things out for yourself and see what does and does not work for yourself. On October 25th I will have completed my first 68 years and I am still wearing size 29" X 34" slacks. Granted, I am doing a great deal more ab work now than I did when I was younger but I think everyone will agree when they see my new courses that it has all really paid off. In fact, more than anything I am convinced that a man needs to focus on his abs as the focal point of health and fitness once he is past the age of 35. You'll see what I mean.

In the meantime, test everything out for yourself. Don't be afraid of good sources of natural fat whether it comes from cream, butter, lean meat, avocados, coconuts, or deep water fish. Remember, your body manufacturers manly hormones from the good fats that you consume and if you starve yourself of good fats you'll be depleting both manly hormone production and muscle mass.

One other thing, Don't overdo cardio exercise because it will deplete HGH and testosterone if you do.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-10-2020, 07:11 AM

John,

Thank you for the response.

Rob (aka blackbelt)

Rob

Share |