Share |
The 7- 'I Ams' to Strength and Happiness

Author

12-10-2019, 02:49 PM

Hello Everyone,

One of the greatest and most inspiring books I have ever read is "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. This extraordinary book was given to me to read in 1963 when I was 11 years old by my Grandfather just months after he got me going on the Charles Atlas Course. At the time, I was not old enough to fully understand and appreciate it but when I was teaching Martial Arts in 1977 just fourteen years later I reread it and was totally engrossed with its message and used it when I taught. Just recently, actually three years ago when I really needed it, I read it again and have reread it three more times since then and made you use of its powerful life healing message. I will be making reference to it and many other classics as I move into my own metaphysical and spiritual teachings that will be seen on the "Living Strength Ministries Youtube Channel"

I'm telling you this because I care about each and every person reading this and with this new direction, I am dedicating the balance of my life to bringing a message of hope, healing, and personal empowerment to every person that feels they have totally lost touch with themselves and are feeling a level of complete frustration due to the pervasive mind control programming that is so prevalent in today's society. I have never seen the level of confusion that the world is now in. It may be that the Lord can use the insights I have gained to help some people to reconnect to themselves and spirit.

With the above stated I want to share with ALL of you something that I believe can have a wonderful and powerful impact on your life. I know that it has on mine. It is the power of what I call the "7-I Am Affirmation" that I use daily. As stated above, the original source that I had discovered this story was Dr. Joseph Murphy's "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind". It is the story Fredrick Elias Andrews who was suffering from Pott's disease which is tuberculosis of the spine that was believed to be incurable BUT Mr. Andrews was cured through the healing power that God affords to every person that is willing to trust Him and affirm his own healing. This affirmation is what I have used and continue to use daily to remain completely free of a condition that I was diagnosed with three years ago that is all but non-existent and will remain non-existent. Please read it carefully. I hope it inspires you.

Quote:
I was about thirteen years old when Dr. T. W. Marsee since passed over, said to my mother: "There is no possible chance, Mrs. Andrews. I lost my little boy the same way, after doing everything for him that it was possible to do. I have made a special study of these cases, and I know there is no possible chance for him to get well." She turned to him and said: "Doctor, what would you do if he were your boy?" and he answered, "I would fight, fight, as long as there is a breath of life to fight for."

That was the beginning of a long-drawn-out battle, with many ups and downs, the doctors all agreeing that there was no chance for a cure, though they encouraged and cheered us the best they could.

But at last, the victory came, and I have grown from a little, crooked, twisted, cripple, going about on my hands and knees, to a strong, straight, well-formed man. Now, I know you want the formula, and I will give it to you as briefly and quickly as I can. I built up an affirmation for myself, taking the qualities I most needed, and affirming for myself over and over again, "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy." I kept up this affirmation, always the same, never varying, till I could wake up in the night and find myself repeating, "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy." It was the last thing on my lips at night and the first thing in the morning. Not only did I affirm it for myself, but for others that I knew needed it. I want to emphasize this point. Whatever you desire for yourself, affirm it for others, and it will help you both. We reap what we sow. If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters; but if we send out thoughts of fear, worry, jealousy, anger, hate, etc., we will reap the results in our own lives.

It used to be said that man is completely built over every seven years, but some scientists now declare that we build ourselves over entirely every eleven months; so we are really only eleven months old. If we build the defects back into our bodies year after year, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Man is the sum total of his own thoughts; so the question is, how are we going to entertain only the good thoughts and reject the evil ones? At first, we can't keep the evil thoughts from coming, but we can keep from entertaining them. The only way to do this is to forget them, which means get something for them. This is where the ready-made affirmation comes into play. When a thought of anger, jealousy, fear or worry creeps in, just start your affirmation going. The way to fight darkness is with light – the way to fight cold is with heat – the way to overcome evil is with good. For myself, I never could find any help in denials. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish. - Frederick Elias Andrews

My Friends,if there is anything you need, whether it be Physical, Psychological, or Spiritual it will be well for each of you to make use of this affirmation; I do not believe it can be improved upon. Use it just as it is; take it into the silence with you, repeat it to yourself every night as you are going to sleep until it sinks into your subconsciousness so that it is the first thing you think of when you wake in the morning. You can use it anywhere, in your car, in the office, at home; this is the advantage of truly spiritual methods that empower you, they are always available. Spirit is omnipresent and ever ready; all that is required is a proper recognition of its omnipotence, and a willingness or desire to become the recipient of its beneficent effects.

Quote:
"I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy."

---John Peterson

Share |

Banned

12-11-2019, 08:30 AM

So are you saying you are done with the fitness books after the Iso book? Then it's onto self help?

Share |

Author

12-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Hello Ware,

Thank You for asking the question.

The Answer is "NO!!!!" Not at all.

The truth is that what I have now learned and will be teaching is what will tie it altogether for virtually everyone in Body-Mind-Spirit.

For example, becoming strong and healthy has more to do with how we think 24/7 than it has to do with our workouts alone. The Law of Attraction will certainly and unerringly bring to us the conditions, environment, and experiences in life, corresponding with our habitual, characteristic, and predominant mental attitude. Not what we think about once in a while when we are in church, or have just read an inspiring book, or are sitting at the keyboard of a computer. BUT our predominant mental attitude is what counts. One can not entertain weak, harmful, negative thoughts sixteen hours a day and expect to bring about a powerful, strong, and perfectly developed body by applying thirty minutes of strong, positive, creative thought while exercising his muscles. Real power comes from within. All power that anybody can possibly use is already present within man, only waiting to be brought into visibility by his first recognizing it, and then affirming it as his own, working it into his consciousness until he becomes one with it. That is the reason for the healing affirmation of the "7-I Ams".

"I Am Whole. I Am Perfect. I Am Strong. I Am Powerful. I Am Loving. I Am Harmonious. I Am Happy."

When this state of mind becomes what our thought gravitates toward automatically there will be extraordinary changes that begin to take place everywhere we look. Its what the Apostle Paul advised us to do in Philippians 4:8-9; 8 "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you."

I personally learned first hand how we attract circumstances into our lives that are consistent with our predominate thoughts and I also know that it applies to the totality of our human experience in Body-Mind-Spirit.

Most men that come here want to learn how to become strong, athletic and sculpted for life and they will be learning all that and much, much more. It comes down to this. THERE IS a shortcut to all the good things we desire in life and that shortcut is found in our consistent state of mind. I am not saying this is easy. In fact at first it can be extremely difficult. Why? Because mental habits are difficult to control, but it can be done and the way to do it is to begin at once to substitute constructive thought for destructive thought. The "7-I Ams" affirmation is a perfect example. Form the habit of analyzing every thought. Ask yourself If it is necessary, if its manifestation into reality will be a benefit, not only to you, but to all whom it may affect in any way, keep it; treasure it; it is of value; it is in tune with the Infinite; it will grow and develop and produce benefit to one and all many times over. On the other hand, it will be well for ALL of us to keep this quotation from George Matthews Adams, in mind, "Learn to keep the door shut, keep out of your mind, out of your office, and out of your world, every element that seeks admittance with no definite helpful end in view."

Now, when we apply the above in every area of our lives we'll see wonderful things take shape as we attract the good things in life--Body-Mind-Spirit.

---John Peterson

Share |