Share |
Americans Getting Fatter Since 1980

Author

01-22-2020, 09:12 PM

Hey Friends,

Every one of YOU needs to see this. View it with an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTt-GF1nmA

Bottom line: If you want to get fat, join the herd. No pun intended.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-23-2020, 08:23 AM

Wow!

That's not an "I'm surprised" wow. That's an "someone finally said it' wow.

I sure some part of this is due to advances (technology, research focus, etc.).

I can only hope that more people open their eyes to what's in front of them and quit following blindly.

Rob

Share |

Author

01-23-2020, 09:28 AM

Hey Black Belt,

I am with YOU with your "someone finally said it" WOW.

There is another factor besides grains specifically that was introduced in the early 1970s that was not referenced separately and that 'factor' is High Fructose Corn Syrup, which of course is made from a grain.

That brings up a point. A business partner listens to talk radio host Michael Savage and as I walked by Mr. Savage was advertising a supplement to his radio audience that supposedly is equal to a half dozen servings of organic fruits and vegetables. At the beginning of the ad he made the statement, "I'm sure that most of you are like me and don't get your daily fruits and vegetables like you should. In fact, other than corn on the cob I rarely eat vegetables at all." Of course he was telling the truth but he also showed a level of nutritional ignorance that is very common. The reason I say this is because there were four people listening when I casually said. "Then you're not getting any Michael, because corn is a grain and not a vegetable." All four looked at and me and said, "Oh, c'mon it is too a vegetable." My reply was to laugh and say, "Check it out, if I'm wrong I'll give you each $20. bucks." Bottomline: I think the vast majority of people would assume corn on the cob to be a vegetable but it is a grain and it will make people fat if over consumed. After all 'corn' is the major source of sweetening for almost all commercially processed foods. In other word, HFCS is a major health concern in the USA. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...syrup-is-bad#1

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-23-2020, 10:53 AM

John,

I agree with you 1,000%.

I still remember reading about High Fructose Corn Syrup, YEARS ago in a Menís Health magazine.

It took very little additional research for me to determine I wanted to avoid it, if at all possible. Unfortunately, theyíve managed to make HFCS very inexpensive, and itís in many foods. Still, some basic label checking can catch it most times.

Rob (aka blackbelt)

Rob

Share |