Share |
Solitary Fitness is Excellent

Legacy Member

09-13-2009, 04:40 AM

Agree Andy. Just wondered though why Nerve Force is always written in capitals?

Share |

09-13-2009, 09:18 AM

No special reason. Just a habit that I got into. NERVE FORCE is the ability to control our total consciousness [mind, muscle, and emotions] with our will. All of those forces when coordinated together and working in harmony can effect us positively in every aspect of our lives. The mind /body control that we can develop using Isometrcis,DVR/VRT, and Power Flexing really are demystified techhniques based on Yoga principles which have been working effectively for thousands of years. and are referred to by the current head of the Shaolin Temple as "Moving Meditation." Powerful stuff!

"Within everyone one of us is an 'evolutionary success principle' placed there by the creator to help us survive and succeed in an ever changing universe."
Alois P. Swoboda

Share |

09-17-2009, 02:41 AM

Hi Kenpopaul

I have both editions of Solitary Fitness, they are both good books, my favorite exercise is what Charles Bronson calls Solitary one.

He has mentioned in both books that he may do an advanced book, don't know that he will or not.

His books seems as if they are rough editions of the sleeker work of Bronze Bow.

They did not teach me anything new, as for charles bronson being totally weight training free, iam afraid not, as he mentions in his book.

Maybe that is when he didn't look so cut in his book, i do not know. But still not a bad book all round.

All the best.

KEITH JAMES.

Share |

Banned

09-17-2009, 01:33 PM

keith james I agree with you, Charles Bronson's book is a rougher version of the sleek BronzeBow Books. Nothing new, but still a good book, if he had Bronzebow to edit and clean it up plus thier excellent artwork, photo's and printing it would be as good. Powerflex, PYTP, M7, VRT and IPR are all much higher quality productions. This course would still work, you can not go wrong advocating Atlas exercises with Isometrics.

Share |

09-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Check out my review of "Solitary Fitness" on Amazon.com - reviewed under the screen name of Strength Builder.

Share |

09-19-2009, 05:07 PM

One of my favorite quotes from the book "Solitary Fitness" is in the introduction where when describing the results of using this natural type of training Bronson says,

"They will give you a body that can be used in all sorts of life situations. You'll be able to walk into any gym easily and confidently hold your own with most of the steriod users, while remaining perfectly natural. Your strength gains will be with you for life. You will develop and inner core of power and strength that will not desert you."

Share |

Legacy Member

09-19-2009, 11:25 PM

It's a great quote Andy I agree. Love some of the things in the book when he talks about steroids and the addictive personality types in gyms etc. Funny book

Share |

09-20-2009, 02:43 AM

kenpopaul, No matter what you are doing there has to be a sense of humor. Gordon

Share |

09-20-2009, 06:30 AM

Any Bronson updates? Is he still in solitary & following the same style of training? I admit to having a morbid curiosity about such a "heroic scoundrel"

Share |

Legacy Member

09-20-2009, 09:03 AM

Yeah he's still in Prison here in the UK. A peaceful protest was held in July to try to get him free but don't think it did any good.

Maybe one day he'll be free again who knows, he's almost 60 now and spent 35 years in prison. Would be good to know what kind of shape he's in now and if he does still train the same way I agree.

- Kenpopaul

Share |