Share |
There Is NO Way I Would Have Been Able

Banned

07-06-2014, 12:09 PM

Before I started training this way I did run and lift weights in the past. But there is no way I would have been able to do what I did today back then.I've been running the past 6 weeks to reach a goal of being able to play in a football game on Thanksgiving.I've been running on Sunday,Tuesday and Thursday.

I get up around 4:30am during the week but Sundays I sleep in to about 6:00am.During the week I don't see anybody when I run.Whoever is out that time in the morning is up to no good(except me). But Sunday is a differant story.I'm not telling you this story to say I'm a Superman or anything. I'm just letting you know this training does crossover to the rest of your life.

This morning I was coming to the end of my run and about the walk for a cooldown. I seen a lady walking a big German Shepard down the street the opposite way. Once I passed I heard the dog barking and the lady yelling lookout. Now before this I was thinking I should run a little faster to push myself. So now I got this dog on my tail so there is no choice but to run faster. I ran as fast as I could straight to a 4 foot chain link fence.With the dog by my feet I cleared that fence like a hurdler but so did the dog.When he jumped I grabbed the leash,jumped back over and got the leash through the chain links. I pulled the dog all the way to the fence and waited for the owner to walk over to me.

All I could think of at the time when it was chasing me was something funny. I was thinking legs don't fail me now. But you know what I knew they weren't going to.The wisdom from John,Greg,Tim,JC ,GB and others wasn't going to allow my legs to give.If your new to this training give it a chance. If your not don't give up on it. Before this training I would have been wrestling with that dog and probably injuried. If it wasn't for Greg I don't think I would have been able to run without pain let alone run that fast. Thanks Greg : )

michael

Last edited by Greg Newton; 07-06-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: took out extra spaces

Share |

07-06-2014, 01:46 PM

Glad you're ok!

ChuckH

Share |

Legacy Member

07-06-2014, 02:22 PM

What a cool story! I laughed the whole time. But guess what - it could have been tragic. There are rewards for being fit for life.

Greg

Share |

07-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Hurdling the fence twice and formulating and executing a plan to not get hurt or have to hurt the dog towards the end of the run are quite impressive. I'm glad everything turned out well for you and all concerned Michael.

Share |

Author

07-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Hey Michael,

What an incredible story! I got an adrenalin rush just reading it. Glad you're OK Mr. Kent.

---John Peterson

Share |

Banned

07-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Thanks Guys. John it was an adrenalin rush while it was happening. Because of this training mentally and physically I'm far more prepared to act when it's time. Greg my son and I were just laughing about.

michael

Share |

Legacy Member

07-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Michael,

You said something very important and that is being mentally prepared. The training we do; especially the Focused Muscular Tension training prepares one to REACT. The mental component sharpens reaction time. How? It is because of increased nerve flow to the muscles. The more you develop the mind to control the muscles, the easier it is to make split second decisions. To think is to react.

Greg

Share |

07-06-2014, 09:56 PM

Nice work Michael!! Keeping one or two steps ahead of trouble due to a quick wit and quick feet.

Matt

Share |

07-07-2014, 04:57 AM

Your successful outcome came from "doggedly" following the transformetrics ideal

Share |

Author

07-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Hey Greg & All Of Our Friends,

After reading what our friend Clark Kent had just done, I think the dog should be really happy. Why? Because had he caught a fully adrenalized Mr. Kent I think he would have been left in a world of hurt. One lucky dog!

---John Peterson

Share |