Share |
Running and sprint questions

Banned

07-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Hey Monty,

I've gotten myself up to running 3 miles three times a week. I'm trying to get myself ready for a Thanksgiving Football game.My goal is to play wide reciever and cornerback in this game.This is my last hurah and then I'm hanging up my football spikes,atleast for running. I've been playing this Thanksgiving game forever so I'm old enough to be everybodies dad.

I know You and John had mention this before but I can't find it. How long should one run two to three miles before incorparating sprints? I'm four months out before the game so from your experiance how many months out should I start running sprints?

Share |

Banned

07-25-2014, 07:10 PM

Monty,

I found my answer right here Thanks.

http://transformetrics.com/forum/sho...hlight=sprints

Share |

07-26-2014, 08:17 PM

Hey Michael,

Sounds like your about ready to do some hard running. Their are many variations. I know many football peeps do 40 yd sprints. I always tell guys who are older to do build ups. So lets say your doing 6x100m meters. You would run it as a build up so by the time you reach 3/4s of the way you are building to top speed/ I would also do some agility stuff like Cariokes, backward run, run 5 yards then cut left then run 5 yds cut right.
You may be everyone's dad but bet you show those young whippersnappers how its done and bet your in better shape too.
Great work my man!!! Have fun with it and watch your form and don't over due it.
Let us know how it goes.

Monty

Share |