Share |
Keep Your Head Up!

Banned

08-19-2012, 07:26 AM

While I do any variation of Pushups I've been in the habit of keeping my head in line with my body.While in line with my body I'm looking at the ground.I read in other posts Greg talks about how John says keep your head up so you can touch the chest to the floor for more range of motion.I tried this with my APUIII today,not that I need more range of motion.To my amazment this made the APUIII much easier.I probably could have done 5 more reps in each of my sets with no problem.I guess this goes with the same thing I think they say in the martial arts,''The body goes where the head goes''. Maybe I'm not the first to notice this but has anybody else tried this?

michael

Last edited by michael; 08-19-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Share |

Legacy Member

08-19-2012, 08:11 AM

Hey Mike,

A classic example are the pictures of John doing Military Pushups in Pushing Yourself to Power with his head up. When John first told me to do this, I was like, but John, you don't get as much of a range of motion.

To which he replied, you are right, but you will get a better stretch in the pectorals and the triceps. I realize now that by going nose to floor and keeping the head in line with the body, I was putting too much stress on the rotator cuffs. Anyway, after I first tried it I was sold. It also works well for feet elevated pushups.

Greg

Share |

Banned

08-19-2012, 08:21 AM

Greg,

I'm sold to Greg.I did an extra set to see if I was dreaming.It felt much better doing them this way.

Share |