Closed Thread
Share |
God Sets the Lonely in Families

Legacy Member

05-10-2015, 10:36 AM

A couple of recent interactions on this forum have gotten me thinking about companionship and God's plan for lifetime commitment. Look, I will shoot straight. I don't have all the answers. I can tell you about personal crossroads and I can encourage you to read the Bible.

I believe that the Bible teaches that for every young man growing up out there there is a young woman growing up who can be that half and that complement to a whole relationship. It is all in God's plan and that is what people miss.

Why do I say that? I didn't, Jesus did -

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

The Bible also says this -

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families.

In my early thirties I was a very angry and bitter person. I was also very lonely. I finally came to the point where I realized I wasn't the master of my own destiny and accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. A lot changed suddenly. I met a young widow with three small children. I never in a million years would have dated a woman with children and I was very distant to people, but I was drawn to her in a very overwhelming way. We married and I became an instant father and husband.

A lot changed, and over 20 years of marriage there have been plenty of hard times and heart breaks, but the one thing I can say, is that I have never been lonely since. Now I am in the position to set the example of stability as a grandparent and to pray for my children and grandchildren.

I talked to my 94 year old grandmother a couple of years back and asked her about the decades she had to care for my grandfather who had Alzheimer's. She surprised me by saying it was easy and that it was an honor. "Greg, it is all about commitment."

It starts with a commitment to God. That is all I can tell you. If you want to comment on this, send me a PM. I am closing this thread. Some things don't need open commentary.

God's Blessings to all who read this.

Greg Newton

Share |

Closed Thread