Share |
Hey what's up?

04-14-2015, 03:26 PM

Hey my friends,

I hope this post finds you doing well. Hopefully I am back for awhile. We have gone through a lot in the past three years and I have been unfaithful to the forum and my workouts. I still work out occasionally but not like I used to. I started back with a new regimen today and I wanted to get your thoughts. This is 25 sets of this workout.

1. 10 Pushups of different varieties for example: 10 hindus, 10 diamonds, 10 wides etc.
2. 10 Squats
3. 5 wheels
4. 5 Dips with feet up on a chair
By the end of the workout sets I have completed 250 pushups, 250 squats, 125 wheels and 125 dips.

It took me a little bit over an hour and I was drenched in sweat. I am heading to work right now. I work from 5:45pm to 6:00am. Please give me your thoughts. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Your friend,

Aaron

Share |

Banned

04-14-2015, 03:45 PM

Aaron and Family welcome back and God bless you all!

Workout looks good Aaron! I just had a bad virus with a nasal and throat infection and the Doc told me to stop working out until well, a few more days and I can restart and I miss it.

Share |

Banned

04-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Hi Aaron,

Glad to see you back! That's an impressive workout so don't take this the wrong way. Can You stick to that everyday or every other day? Were you drained when you went to work or by midday? The reason I ask these questions is I've been where your are.I had to make my workouts something I could stick to. I can only workout in the morning so the most I workout for is 45 minutes. To be able to do that workout is very good but can you make it something you could do all the time. A little over an hour is a long time unless you split it morning and night.

michael

Share |

Legacy Member

04-15-2015, 07:20 AM

Aaron welcome back,that looks like a great workout,maybe if you get a chance try to throw in some bw rows or pull ups so you can work the pulling muscles also,if you get a chance,but overall that is a great workout,keep us posted on your workouts,Mike NY hope you feel better soon,again welcome back Aaron!

Share |

04-15-2015, 01:27 PM

Hey Mike, I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. I will be praying for you. Michael, thanks for the advice. It is very sound. I will probably do this workout every other day and an isometric the other days. I get carried away with pushups. John got me hooked on them years ago and at one time my boys and i were up to 500 a day. Since we have been back in the states these past three years, I haven't done as good as I would have liked to. A couple of the boys have kept with it especially Ben and Caleb. Four of them have been doing great but more so with Ben and Caleb. Ben is cut big time. Caleb may not be as cut but he is gigantic! Jon is trying to get as cut as Ben but he is built like Caleb. Joey is doing great but he has a leaner build. All of them credit GUTS as their secret to success. The other kids I will tell more about later. My workouts are hit and miss because of my work schedule coupled with my ministry. I was just doing too much and let my workouts slip. My blood pressure is up and have a gut again. Don't get me wrong, I am still cute as a button. Just joking. I will admit that by 4am I was dragging so that is why I am taking it a little easier today. I am getting back to the lifestyle that I grew to love. I love the way I felt and the way I looked. I love the way that it has helped my family especially my wife. She has been faithful to GUTS and looks great. I will never be able to express the gratitude to John, Greg, MikeNY and many of the others here. Oh yeah, Dyno, great advice! The first thing my boys said to me after my workout is "Dad, what, no pullups?" So tomorrow somehow I am going to work some in. Thank you again my friends!

Aaron

PS: I know that this is one grammatical train wreck and I know that it is out of order and not in proper format. Please remember first of all that I am from Texas and that I am lucky to even read. I was raised out in the wilds of south Texas and had little time for proper schooling. All we had to do in order to graduate HS was to walk and chew gum at the same time. I received my bachelors after tying my shoes two times in a row and only making one mistake. Why do I write this PS you ask? It is easier than going back and correcting that mess up top!

Share |

04-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Workout looks impressive. Any rest periods? Don't mind me asking, what kind of ministry?

Share |

04-15-2015, 03:08 PM

Yes I have about a 15 minute rest period about half way through. As far as the ministry goes, we were missionaries in the Dominican Republic for 14 years. We moved back here a few years ago for a couple of reasons. We have started working with the folks here mostly migrant workers from Mexico. While we have seen quite a few salvations, we haven't really planted a church which is our hearts desire. They are here for 3 to 4 months then they are gone and a new group comes in. All is going well but I always desire more fruit for His glory.

Aaron

Share |

Banned

04-15-2015, 03:33 PM

Thanks Aaron, you and your Family are all in my prayers.

You'd make a fine Minister with your own Church my friend, you have the word of the Lord in you, that is a blessing.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-15-2015, 05:02 PM

Well Aaron,

Let me tell you what I think about Texicans, and I'll quote the Duke from True Grit on this one -

" Dad burned Texican - goes and gets his self killed just when you need him..."

Welcome back

Greg

Share |

Banned

04-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Aaron I like the humor. You always make me laugh,Thanks really needed that.

Share |