Share |
Just ordered ultimate Pushups book & question on daily training

Legacy Member

11-22-2013, 09:36 AM

Just bought the ultimate Pushups book...

Cannot wait to start it. Currently doing bodyweight circuits (That Tom Hardy warrior workout I did last year with great success, except added pullups recently).

I have a few questions about the book if anyone can help

1) Is it a stand alone program? Or can I incorporate it into the workout I am currently doing?

2) I only train 3 times a week (but doing the circuits 3-4 times a day on training days) - but was thinking of training daily (but only twice a day). Who here trains daily? I know the old Atlas program had you training twice a day (6 days a week?). Just wondered who here trains daily?

3) Pullups - I am terrible at Pullups and want to start them - I can barely so a single pullup! I can do chins but only 5-7!! So want to start them. I have 2 options (1. use my TotalGym at a lower setting and increase. or 2) do assisted pullups.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

- Kenpopaul

Share |

11-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Hi Ken,
I think you will find the pushup book the best investment you have ever made, I know I did.
Myself I do pushups six days a week, often twice a day (you will understand why when you read the book).
I suggest initially you just follow the programs in there for increasing pushups, they can be used a stand alone or with other programs I think. If I were you I would focus on that for a few months.Then, when you are happy, you can do more, right now I am adding a version of the Swoboda program, most days to my pushup training. But the pushups can be added to other programs if you wish, just be careful about overtraining.
Best of luck,
Tony in South Wales.

Last edited by lordofthesithuk; 11-22-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Share |

Legacy Member

11-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Hey Kenpopaul,

1 - The program can EASILY be a stand-alone program. Or, you can incorporate it into another workout. Without giving too much away, I would STRONGLY recommend you do JUST the push-up program for at least a week. See how you feel after that. If you think you can handle it, go ahead and add other exercises s-l-o-w-l-y.

2 - The program is set up to be done daily. Do more or less, based on your own experience and how you feel daily.

3 - I donít do a lot of pull-ups, mainly because I donít have access to a bar. But, I would do the pull-ups you are capable of, without pushing yourself TOO much. Then, supplement with FMT or FMR exercises. In time, youíll be able to do more and more pull-ups.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Rob

Share |

Author

11-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Hey Kenpopaul,

Thank You. I'm looking forward to reading about your personal response to the programs outlined.

Tony, my lordofthesithuk friend, Thank You for the kind words.

---John Peterson

Share |