Share |
FAO John, plus pushups book feedback from everyone?

Legacy Member

08-30-2013, 03:31 AM

Hi John,

I sent you a couple of emails a few weeks ago regarding the pushups book, but not sure if you receives them or not? Didn't know how else to contact you.

To everyone else on here - how's the training going? Who else out there has the pushups book and doing the workouts? What kind of results have you all experienced from it?

I am excited to get the book and start cranking out pushups soon.

Take care all

Kenpopaul

Share |

Legacy Member

08-30-2013, 04:06 AM

Hi Paul,

I did the pushups program back in the Spring and early Summer for ten weeks. I got stronger and bigger in the upper body. I also gained six pounds. I had already been doing a lot of pushups before I started the program and I felt like I was getting too big in the chest, so I cut back on the pushup volume and am currently doing more of an FMT routine.

I like the program and recommend it heartily for anyone who wants a training boost. This is a backyard picture my wife took a week or two after I stopped the program. Too, this a good program for martial artists or boxers because your fists literally seem to fly from your shoulders after a few weeks on a high volume pushup routine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg June 2013.jpg (102.4 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Greg Newton; 08-30-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Share |

08-30-2013, 08:13 AM

Hi Kenpopaul,
I have been meaning to write this a little while now, but have not got around to it, but seeing your post has inspired me too write.
I am loving the Ultimate Pushups routine.

There is a twice a day program that is really suiting me, lifestyle wise (work etc).
I have never had good recovery ability, so I am not testing out my max so often. I have a book called 'Death Taxes and pushups', and they guy in that recommends staying on a routine for at least two months, and with my limited recovery ability, that is what I am doing....but with the two workouts a day program from Dr Moorehouse, recommended by John.

So really I have used the program, and modified it to my needs and ability.

I have always wanted to do two hundred pushups a day, since reading about Atlas, and others like him, but have never been able to find a way to work up to it. Now, at the level I am, I do more than 300 pushups a day, and some days well over 400. The effect is fantastic, as you know we in the Uk have been having some hot weather, so I have been wearing some t-shirts. I live in Swansea, near the sea, and I have noticed people checking out my arms. I know it is vain, but so be it, I am loving it.

In a few weeks time I will retest again, but I know now that my base level will go up, pushing my numbers up in the daily routines. This will take me to what is for me, a real goal with pushups. Ever since I read PYTP, I have wanted to do 500 pushups a day, and I know that when I retest in a few weeks time, I will be going onto that standard, and my experience of this program tells me, I will acclimatise to that level in about two weeks in terms of getting over soreness. But I will reach my personal gold standard of 500 a day via this routine. It is a pathway for me, and it is working.

I am pleased with how I am looking now, despite still being a bit overweight. I imagine I will be delighted with how I will look after a few weeks of 500 pushups a day (average). I enjoy the training also, it is not hard work too me, if you too are disciplined this way, you will enjoy it.

I will have a big birthday next summer, I will be 50 on july 7th. I am confident that by then I will be able to do 100 pushups in a single set, and in very strict/comfortable style. I will probably be able to do this fairly easily. Not only that, I think I will be looking good for a man of my age....surely that must be worth the investment in terms of time and effort?

I must say I do also think there are cardio benefits with this routine. I have really bad arthritis in my ankle, knee and hip. I used to run 3 to five miles a day in my late teens and twenties, but those days are past for me now. But I find with this routine I am having a sweaty workout twice a day, and that must be doing me good in terms of my heart and lungs. I think I am burning fat also.

I cannot thank John enough for bringing this program into my life. The benefits of it for me are fantastic, and I personally cannot recommend it enough. I have PYTP, IPR and GUTS, all of which are excellent, but this book really is changing my life.

I you have not yet got it and are thinking about it, all I will say is I have not looked back since it arrived.

Regards to all,

Tony from South Wales.

Share |

08-30-2013, 09:40 AM

Hi all,

I have had my Advanced Sports Training Class of high school runners/sprinters/soccor players.
The first week we did a max push up test, some did upwards of 60+ and some of the girls were 10 or less. I do a modified program with them where they do 40%,50%,60% and 70% and thats it.We do this 2 to 4 days a week. We retested again and 95% of the kids got 10 to 15 more pushups than two weeks prior. So the program is working very well. Kids are telling me they feel stronger and lighter. Now we do all kinds of different body weight workouts so they are seing results with bw squats, push ups, core and pull/chins. We also do isometrics and some FMT. FMT seems to be a challenge for many due to having the concentration of a gnat. HAHA!!
Monty

Share |

Author

08-30-2013, 12:34 PM

Hey friends,

The reason that I wrote the Ultimate Push-Up book was to literally give both the athletic and average man the single most productive program for developing a Greek God physique and enhancing his cardio/lung capacity in world record time. Even more than that, to do so in a way that takes the guess work out of the equation and delivers sustainable results faster than any other method. I also wanted to deliver a program that delivered such powerful results so quickly that it inspired and encouraged every man to know that he could take his whole body strength and fitness as far as he wanted. I believe that the objective has been accomplished and far beyond.

As relates to cardio, let me just say that the push-up is the single best cardio exercise for one reason and that is that no exercise more directly affects the heart and lungs simultaneously as does the push-up. Think about it and the muscular action involved. This is especially true when you get into the Atlas variations that each feature an extended range of motion and allow for full lung expansion. Partial range push-Ups do not offer the same lung expansion benefits. YOU NEED THE THREE ATLAS VARIATIONS. No exercise does what the Atlas Push-Up variations do in terms of creating foundational full body athletic strength and fitness. Not only is this a factual statement but it is strength and improved lung capacity created in direct relationship to the body itself. In fact, most men will be shocked and pleasantly surprised to discover that after mastering the three Atlas Push-Up variations that their ability at performing Pull-Ups will often times increase to twice or three times present max even without specific pull-up training due to fantastic lung expansion and upper body strength increases that are directly related to mastering all three atlas pull-Up variations. In fact I know a man that struggled with three Pull-Ups less than a year ago that can now do 10 reps in a row. Granted he lost a lot of fat while chiseling his entire upper body as a result of Ultimate Push-Ups

---John Peterson

Share |

08-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Well I started back in March at 11 Knee Assist push-ups. I would then start the 4 week cycle over at the next highest level of push-ups Now I can do 20 Atlas 2 push-ups. I also did a modified Level 1 Power Circuit so I could get in some cardio until I can achieve a higher volume of push-ups. Add to that cutting out a lost of processed food I'm down from 230 to 220 pounds. Unfortunately even though I'm the same height as Herschel Walker I don't look anywhere near as good as he does at that weight. So be careful what you wish for if you want to gain weight. Be the best you with the somatotype that you have.

The best part of the Ultimate Push-ups program is that I can workout everyday and not feel sore AT ALL--and that's with testing once a week (I just make sure I give my self enough recovery time before I start Monday's sets.) Many a trainer out there will tell you that you can't get stronger or build muscle unless you go to failure whether it's throwing around weights, CrossFit, HIIT, etc. Seems to me I got stronger without ever picking up a weight or going to failure.

"One more!" may make for a nice motivational commercial but your body will pay with tendinitis, joint problems, and a host of other injuries from always pushing to get in "one more" repetition. The only thing that mindset breeds is ego. It's not about being a quitter--it's about being sensible and protecting your temple.

Z-P

Share |

08-31-2013, 02:32 PM

I have finished 4 weeks of the push-up program using the military push-up. My first test was 40 and I tested again on the 3rd week and did 50. I can tell my chest has tighten up some. I did notice that the last couple of days I was tired and sore so I cut back to once a day. I plan on doing another month using the Atlas 2 push-up and possibly mix in the Living Strenght circuit. This is a simple but effective plan that doesn't require a lot of time.

Share |

09-01-2013, 07:14 AM

This program would definitely help the boxers I train. Once I get the physique I'll tell the real serious boxers to get the book.

Share |

09-01-2013, 07:19 AM

Mr. Newton,
do you do any type of running or walking a lot? As of this moment I walk a lot but would like to incorporate some sprints.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-01-2013, 09:24 AM

Tiger8,

At the time that picture was taken I was doing a three mile Steve Reeves power walk every morning followed by 100 balance squats done prisoner style.

I haven't had the time or inclination over the past year to run. However, sprinting is a great exercise. If you search through the forum you'll find several sprinting programs that John and Monty recommend.

Last edited by Greg Newton; 09-01-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Share |